ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172/182 lowered 40mm plus Cup splitter = problems?

Who's got their 172/182 lowered 40mm and also has a Cup splitter fitted?

I've got Apex -40s, thinking about a cup splitter too but I'm worried about the everyday practicalities of the splitter catching on ramps/kerbs/etc. I do have to use multi-storey car parks, etc plus I do a fair bit of driving on dodgy back roads plus rough car parks.

I know AJR has this combination (I think?) but can anyone with this combination post up their experiences.

Thanks
Ally

Clio 172 Cup, Audi A
yeah, ripped my splitter off....not advisable IMO if you go on the roads mentioned a lot, ........altho havin said that cant wait to get me a new splitter lol

Tom

VRS
i went lower than 40mm (about 50ish)
lost the splitter last week when hitting a speedbump and lost the lower grill and bumper on sat after hitting a badger!!

Renaultsport Clio 182
Would like to get my 182 lowered, though looking at how low the Cup splitter is as standard, I can see me having lots of probs on bumpy backgrounds if I did lower it. Would defo get ripped off! :(

I havent got mine lowered and it is still close with kerbs about 1/2 an inch from the splitter if that. Got me worryed a few times when i got out

ant

yep.
i got a splitter on sunday, glad i didnt get it the week before!

Image159.gif

must think kerbs when i put it on!

E91 M Sport
As long as you're not one of those numpties that has to use kerb/tyre combination to find out when to stop, you'll be fine.

The apex springs don't usually drop it 40mm at the front (more like 30mm) and I had mine dropped 60mm at the front and even then it was the exhaust that scrapped before the splitter.