ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172/182 Gearing

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Driving around in the missus' 172 today. I dont know if its because I'm now used to the WR1 having a 6th gear, but to me it feels as if the 172/182 could do with an extra notch, too.

I subconsciously went to change up from 5th twice on the way to work today. lol.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
it should marra!! the gearing ruins it, reves far to high wen cruising in 5th, even the new 197 box revs like f#ck. dont think renault know that 6th should be the cruise gear,

VaVa
I'm not entirely sure Renaultsport care for the idea of cruising. And rightly so too :approve:

But it can be a ball ache sometimes lol..... especially when you have an aftermarket exhaust.

BMW M135i
I'd love a nice cruising 6th cog but pah no great loss its not really a car aimed at a motorway cruising audience.

Hyundai i40
i found this with the 172 at 1st due to the golf being a cruiser in 6th but got use to it now.

like u sed prob down to having the wr1

ph quick
i often find myself taking the car out of gear just to heck i am actually in fifth on motorways