ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 182 engines

Trophy 459
I was told they are the same engine but just had an engine fitted that was advertised as a 182 but the breather to the carbon canaster is different ? The inlet won't bolt onto the rocker cover?

ph2 clio sport 172
There is slight variations on the cam cover oil breather that the upper inlet sits on. There is a few threads on it , I tried looking to link for you but going out now. If you have had a 182 engine fitted you need the 182 upper inlet (plenum) or if they have used a 172 engine and told you its a 182 you won't be able to use your 182 upper inlet you will need a 172 upper inlet.

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
I was told they are the same engine but just had an engine fitted that was advertised as a 182 but the breather to the carbon canaster is different ? The inlet won't bolt onto the rocker cover?

You got some poor advice I'm afraid. It might be easier to find an inlet/plenum for it than a replacement breather. I'd try one of the breakers first and see what they have available. A matched inlet/plenum combination might be easier to source though.

ph2 clio sport 172
@knocker upper inlet/plenum are cheap enough to buy from breakers. If you were close could have purchased one from me. For some reason starting to accumulate upper and lower inlets. Sure there getting wet or eating after 12pm lol.