ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172/182 crap brakes.......

Earpl

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
Are the brakes crap on all of them.....

My phase 1 and phase 2 172's have both had crap brakes (ph2 were upgraded with redstuff, braided lines, motul 5.1 + grooved discs) and it was still s**t

My old (years back) clio 1.2 grande almost did endo's when you stomped on the brakes, and recently i've had the use of a yaris T sport supercharged, with the same brakes as my old turbo T sport and again..... you nearly go through the window when you stomp on the brakes.

Anyone in the north Derbyshire, Buxton area want to take me out for a blast to show me what their brakes are like :s

Chris.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
When the 172 was 1st tested by autocar, the braking distance tests were better than the f355 and 993 carerra. They're fine.

Clio 182 arctic
the stock brakes are awesome, plenty for the road and then good for a few laps of a track according to most people on here.
stock brakes should be doin endos tbh. brembo hc, ferodo ds2500, braided lines = front flips

Earpl

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
hmmmm. i need someone to take me for a blast because both of mine have been shocking :s like i said my 1.2 was amazing, even had a kangoo and the brakes were that strong it was dangerous.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Ebc pads won't help. De 2500's, brembo hc discs. Make sure they've been correctly bled and they should be great.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Ebc pads won't help. De 2500's, brembo hc discs. Make sure they've been correctly bled and they should be great.

Had my first proper drive since bedding them in today and they do make a big difference but only once warmed up i found.

Earpl

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
About sussed my problem.........

011-3.jpg

done.

i've the same thing on my 172 ? still unsure what it is they work but are just shiz like u said get in another car and your on the windscreen lol.
my solution is in progress now fitting a set of 225 brembos to the front hope it helps ,i bloody wants to.

silly me just scrolled down ,what disks you running standard yes ? and you using the 197 lines ? ??adaptor plate fitted i assume .cheers james
also they fit nice without work on the joiner line in 16'z ?

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
I know the OP has sourced the Brembo 4 pots but I find the standard brakes very good on the Clio 172/182. If you think they are lacking, replace/refresh with decent quality parts from the bigger names in brakes and you won't go wrong. Make sure everything is working as it should ie no sticky calipers etc.

Ph2 172 Track Toy
My brakes are awsome. So good infact that I can't even reach their potential on the road as they have the potential to lock at any legal speed. Need to get the AD08S warm to really see what they can do.

Standard calipers but with pagid blues.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
my 182 is crap, the mk 1 is epic, feel free to come for a dab out at some point in both if you want a comparison ;)

PB Clio 172
if all your brakes are so called 'crap' then its prob best to get them looked at

bog standard the brakes on these cars are and should be very good

if all your brakes are so called 'crap' then its prob best to get them looked at

bog standard the brakes on these cars are and should be very good

Mine were stripped and rebuilt so no seizures. Running genuine discs and pads,with braided lines and ate blue fluid.

Bled through a few times too they wasn't dangerous they just didn't seem enough compsred to other cars i have had. Also my dci stops you on the spot.

As said they worked perfectly well but just didn't seem enough. You seem to realize more now because of how good the 4 pots are.:)

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
My brakes were good with standard pads. Better with the ds2500's
I've had new ate blue fluid now too and they are even better than before :)

Ph2 172 Track Toy
Must be the fluid then. My setup is the same and mine are very good. Better than my 200s and better than the 200T.