ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

17 super L vs. 15 16v wheel

would 17" Super Leggeras be heavier than standard phase 1 15" Clio 16v wheels? (including tyres)

If theyre not, and if you kept the same rolling radius, surely super ls would make the car quicker no?

Ive no idea, whats the width of the wheels?

I plan to get a silver 172 and get some 17inch Super Ls in black :D *dreams*

Speaking from experience YES THEY ARE HEAVIER!

But not by much!

I replaced my phase2 speedlines for 17" SuperLs and weighed both wheels off the car with tyres on!

There was about 2kg difference i think! I reckon that without the tyres the superLs would be lighter!

2 kgs sounds like quite alot. im assuming thats per wheel. Im tempted to get 15" super ls next time i need tyres, but would they look titchy?

Yeah they would look teeny tiny!! The way the spokes taper off at the ends loses a visual inch!! :(

2kg may sound a lot but try comparing that to some SuperTs!! They would be waaaaay more!

maybe 16s then?

I looked up the weights on the oz site a while back and i think they were about 5kgs for 15s, 6kgs for 16s and 7kgs for 17s, but im not sure if thats right.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

Ive just swapped my 17s for standard 15s for the winter and my car is flying. Seems to be handling better too!

Rob, what heppened to your 17s ruin handling idea?

if anybody can offer me engouh, i wil part with my 15" super Ls, not a scratch on them, and brand new pirelli dragos on them....gorgeous......

sitting in storage.

C

Cupster

I was thinking of 17" SLs on me cup, but I dont want to change the handling especiall if it will ruin the handling. Would look the mutts danglies though!! Hmmm, decisions!:confused:

Ben - would they fit an old clio? how much do you want for them? why are they sitting in storage? where abouts in the country are you?

they are for a MK1 clio ET 36.......

csot a packet and im scared to use them in my area of bristol.

Ive currently got a set of mucky MK1 turbines on my clio........

they are PERFECT and i can get pics to anybody of extreem detail when i get back to the UK.

If the offers good, i might just sell.

Id certainly be interested, let me know when youre ready, i havent actually looked at my tyres recently, but i dont reckon theyve got far to go.

Ben - Your right i dont think 17s should go on small hatchbacks, but i dont really care how other peoples cars handle!

When are you back then ben?