ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

17" alloys

A white and black one
Lots of people on here will say, 17s for show 16s for go, go for what you want, i would have had 17s but my budget made me get 16s. If you go for 16s get it lowered and it should look ok. (My mate had 17s and a 60mm drop, the ride was a bit naff tbh)

Titanium 182 & 306 Diesel
mines on 17's ;)

S6300023.jpg

ClioSport 172
I had 17s on mine too... looked awesome. But having to sell them now cause i'm skint :(

Town2.gif

Never got round to lowering mine though!

Last edited:
  A Flamin' Red one
The difference after I took the 17" OZs off that my car was on when I bought it to the standard 16" 172 rims was unbelievable. If you can put up with an even worse than standard turning circle and wheel wobble then go for it ;)

Mullen, car still looks lovely!

clio sport 172
Having just moved up from 15's to 16's on my
ph1 172 and I found the ride changed in a big
way a lot harsher and more uncomfortable. I'd
say going to 17's would make the ride feel like
a bag of spanners unless you only drive on the
smoothest of tarmac all the time. In other words
you don't live or drive in this country..

i just got rid of my 17s. looked abit too big for the car i think, and drove like s**t.

dont think u can beat 16s mate.

P071108_145603.gif
- 16s

nikscar-2.gif
- 17s

172 cup
at the end of the day the car was designed around running 16" wheels. Not 15's or 17's changing that fact will affect your handling and engine performance. Its a no go from me

audi a6 3.0tdi
at the end of the day the car was designed around running 16" wheels. Not 15's or 17's changing that fact will affect your handling and engine performance. Its a no go from me
Depends on the model the ph1 172 has 15's as standard

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
17's look much better imo! And handling is not effected! Ignore the "Hamilton's of CS!"

vers le haut doigt milieu
I agree with Ali 17"s look great on Clio's, 16"s only work when the car has been dropped 60mm but with the cup spoiler (imo) the back arch look a little big. The 1st thing I noticed when putting wider wheels on my car is it didn't skip around corners as much as it did before and had the same handling characteristics as a mini cooper s. I have been driving with some of the best from this forum on some of the best roads and I wasn't lagging that much with 3 people in my car. I understand that on a flat smooth track you want to have a slightly thinner wheel to allow the back wheel to c**k more freely but this may cause lift off oversteer if not used correctly in day to day use.

You choose what you think you like. p.s BK299's look awesome so much so here is another picture for you.

Before:

After:

Static Low
17s .. it depends really i think.
Yours looks good though Bash, i like those wheels.

16s .. with a 60mm drop or more..

and 15s .. 80-90mm drop. winner for me lol.
wheels look bigger too when the cars decked.