ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

17’s

Astra SH 1.6 SXi

Hi there folks, been reading posts for a wee while and u guys have all managed to convince me to get some 17s for my clio. Only a 1.2 16v(Dynamique)-but a clio none the less...TOO young to get insured on anything faster cheaply and im a poor student anyways. Its Metallic Navy Blue..is it Odysee blue perhaps?
Im interested in Excite R08s or Fox EVO 3s but not sure and wondered what u lot thot or any further options?? Budget around £600ish
Cheers,
GAZ

133/225/CLS AMG

Have a look at the TSW pace wheels, I think they are a fresh looking multispoke and suit all cars.

I personally like some of the Wolfrace wheels and if you look around youll get a set for that price, with tyres as well!!

A well built VW

Konigs are nice looking wheels £600 should easily get you a set Someone on here got a set for £400 brand new with tyres recently not dure of the make though - plenty of second hand ones for sale and the superlegga look the danglies on a clio

Take a look on ebay if your trying to save your cash, plenty of cheap 17"s with tyres on there.

Try and get them in ET37 so you can slam it too.

Astra SH 1.6 SXi

cheers guys
Dunno about multi spokes really-feel it looks too "busy" under the arches.
Maybe a silly Question-ET37???? Have not a clue about tyre dimensions, just that ive been told by a guy that 205/40/ZR17 Toyo T1s are what i should/would get wi the packages ive been lookin at? Anyone got any experience wi Rochford Tyres? Any good?
Cheers

Depends if you want to lower it?

Fred alway says ET37 is best and wont rub the inside of the arch that way.

205/40/17s are the right size you want, and Toyo T1s are pretty good tyres.

Astra SH 1.6 SXi

Cool! I would lower it if it was sitting stupidly high, had my flatmates 17 MVK3s on the other week and the Clio looked like it was sitting at an acceptable level. As long as it doesnt look like im drivin around in 4x4 like u sometimes see when folk put bigger alloys on cars
Is there a big difference between ET37 and ET40? Im guessin its to do wi the width?
Youve been a great help Tom, Cheers

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

I doubt people on here would hav recommened 17s!! Most people slate them as being too big and reduce performance!

Ive got 17s on my dynamique, like alot of other 1.2 owners and i can tell you its no slower.

Choice of wheels is all down to preference, im a Bg O.Z fan, but thats out with ur £600 budget.

Ur best looking at Max Poo for wheel deals.

Ali

Astra SH 1.6 SXi

Aye, Theres an AWESOME looking Car exatly the same as mine up here in Dundee wi 17 Titans on it looking well Sweet..i like Hydras too!
Did u find your car sitting high when u put 17s on?
Cheers Ali