ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

16v power

Clio 182 w/ cup packs

Ive only had my car a couple of weeks and it already seems "slow". Not slow slow, but 2nd gear seems to be quite weak. Anytime I put my foot down with someone, 2nd seems to lose it, then 3rd does the business! I found this while playing with a 106 GTi, Saxo VTS and a Nova GSi.

Anyone got any suggestions on what I could do to improve it? It has a Pipercross airfilter on it at the moment, and Im wondering if that is slowing it down at low speeds!

Revels Mum & Sister

Hmm well you should be even with a Saxo VTS and a 106 GTi. UNless you come up agaisnt a freak saxo like Craggys. And you should be destroying Nova GSi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That only seems to effect when the car gets really hot. Mainly in hot weather. Unless you want to internally modify the valver wont get a lot from stick on mods. Although launching good in a valver is an art form.

But get it looked at!!!

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

Stick a decat pipe on there and make sure its had a good service. Also your right the induction kit is probably loosing power.

Clio 182 w/ cup packs

Yes it does need a service for sure, will do that need week.

Would a standard airbox be better than what I have now?

yep, std airbox with replacement element is much better than an IK

sounds like it needs a BIG service

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

Plugs, leads ,dizzy cap and rotor arm. Engine oil and filter, gearbox oil, coolant and fuel filter. I did all this and had the injectors cleaned as well goes much better now.

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

Yeah PROOF that induction kits slow you down........

At Donny i was doing the 0-60 run and couldnt anything below 7.6/7.9. As soon as i changed the airbox for the original 16v one i hit a 7.3seconds instantly!