ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

16v oil

Can someone please tell me the best oil to use for a 1.8 16v L reg?

Ive currently got some mobil1 15w 50 fully synthetic, but thought maybe semi?

If i use the mobil1 on my car with 84k , will it harm it?

Ta.

ive put 5w-40 fully synthetic in mine and its a bit thin, ive put some stp oil thickener in which has helped but the best is 10w 40, wouldnt worry though as long as its good quality oil

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Think Haynes manual recommends Duckhams QXR and that is what you can get National Tyres to use with filter for 20 quid all in. Used to charge 15 quid but oil on own costs 20 quid plus filter plus dirty hands. Worth it IMHO. Fully synthetic is only 5 quid more too.

Find after last change used fully it works better in summer on Fully synthetic so may do that for hot temps and semi for colder.

either use renault elf stuff, or a decent 10w 40,

dont use magnatec as the old valvers dont seem to like it !!
(well mine didnt !!)

renault ought to sell it mate, they sell all elf lubricants.
(i got my gearbox oil from a renault dealer)

Quote: Originally posted by cat171 on 20 August 2004

renault ought to sell it mate, they sell all elf lubricants.
(i got my gearbox oil from a renault dealer)

Talking of box oil, mines due for a change. What you reckons best peeps?

elf trx, it think its called mate (it says in the handbook i think)

make sure you dont buy the one with trz, as its wrong,from memory its fully synthetic.
(the dopes in the 1st dealer i went to sold me the fully synt, but its the wrong one !)