ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

16v K&N Fitting

DC2 Black Type Rx
I have a 57i induction filter and clip to hold it on. Is there anything else i need or can i make do?

Of course i need to look into cold air feed but with just the filter and clip, is that all i need?

Thanks
Neil

1.8 Civic EX
should be, just remove the standard air box and that'll leave a big hole for you to cover with the K&N.. might need to take the battery out to remove the standard air box tho....

DC2 Black Type Rx
So what is that black plastic thing i see you get in the kits then?

Is it just a pipe for the cold air feed? So i can get something for that as i don't have anything?

1.8 Civic EX
probably is an air feed mate, maybe even some sort of heat shield. Unfortunatel the pics are never from the actuall car you want it for so for one car those bits may be inculded for fitment but for not for others. same with my piperx. pic showed heat shield and air feed but all i got was the filter and a jubablee clip to hold it on.,..

DC2 Black Type Rx
So all you got from your K&N kit was the filter and clip to hold it on???? Read somewhere that i need a couple of pipes????

Thanks mate for the advise

Motorbikes
you should get a carbon fibre mounting thingy that bolts on the same way as the original air filter box, you use the O ring thingy to clamp the ribber bit of the high flow filter itself onto the carbon fibre mould. you should get a black CAF too (mines was back anyway) and that simply clip that on with zip ties. remember and unbolt the engine lift bracket aswell as the filter wont fit on if you dont.

only takes a few minutes in total

and i just noticed you have a 1.8 16v, shoulda checked that before explaining how to fit it onto a 1.2 16v!!! sorry if i lead you astray

16v Phase 1
It's real easy...a single jubilee clip attaches it to the ICVS and you just have to make sure the seperate idle hose attaches below the main connection (ie there should be two holes in your filter). The large black hard rubber tube is a very poor cold air feed thingi...scrap it, and create your own from 80mm ducting and take the cold feed from just to the side of the rad (similar the the K&N instructions. Cut away the small plastic and it takes a nice feed from just beside the rad right up to the filter..

DC2 Black Type Rx
Thanks guys for your help and advise, going to give it a bash on Saturday!

Thanks again!

Neil

Skoda Fabia vRS
is the kit you have actually for a 1.8 16v Clio ?......as you seem to be missing a few parts

if its not, its not gonna go on

DC2 Black Type Rx
Well yeah i got the cone off ebay, i thought that i would have all the other bits but all that was sent was the cone..........

But looking at what you get when you buy it new, i seem to be missing bits!

Williams 2
BRUN said:
is the kit you have actually for a 1.8 16v Clio ?......as you seem to be missing a few parts

if its not, its not gonna go on

Brun....do u know where I can get another pair of the two small plastic pipes from for the the fuel vapour me thinks? They snapped when I last took the filter off:eek:. Want to buy some b4 I sell the i/k. Cheers

DC2 Black Type Rx
Right, well filter now on and sounds great!!! :)

But there is such a loud sucking noise inside the car!!! I was expecting some but this is really quite loud, almost turbo hissing/sucking noise.

Is this normal?

Thanks
Neil