ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

16v Engine Rocking Problem

172 Cup, V6 255, Williams

Hi All,

After a bit of advice. I have a customers car here which has a bad engine rock problem when put in reverse. Its so bad that the exhaust downpipe hits the driveshaft and makes a terrible clunking noise.

I have replaced all of the engine mounts (dog bone, box mount and strut mount) and its has had absolutely no effect!

Understandably I am confused. My only line of though now is the car has been bent in an accident - I know it has been involved in an accident in the past as the subframe was only held on with 3 bolts and the paint at the front is new.

Just wondered if there was anyone else on here who had had a similar experience?

Thanks

Paul

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Not a problem with the exhaust is it Paul? Mate who bought one of my old Clios put a new centre section and back box on and it stopped the exhaust hitting the gearstick all the time.

Ill give you a bell tomorrow about that fuel pump per email. :D

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by Matt16v on 01 November 2004

Not a problem with the exhaust is it Paul? Mate who bought one of my old Clios put a new centre section and back box on and it stopped the exhaust hitting the gearstick all the time.
Ive had this too. My exhaust was hitting the gearstick all the time. I had to have it refitted and it was fine after.