ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

16v engine mods

anyone got any idea what engine mods i can do for cheep?

ive already got

superchip

racing cams

lightweight pulleys

powerboast valve

induction kit

std filter back inside the airbox is cheap and will give you some more power...beyond that maybe a decat. You *need* a flowed head tho... ;)

lol oh yea i got a decat pipe to lol cheers guys?

how much would a gas flowed head cost then? how much gain will i get from it?

think flowed heads are about 500quid (ex fitting) - atm you wont be getting the most out of your cams so id expect once the head goes on youll get an instant 10/15bhp increase...

What IK is it? Enclosed I hope....

Head work will help, and a 2.0 bottom end.

Strip it to loose some weight.

& Uprate the brakes.....

Massey6465 & saxo1.1

Tubular manifold

But if you want it cheap,would have to find one 2nd hand.

Leave the spare wheel at home and take a can of tyre weld!

its as blitz air filter i think

all the mods are form recipts i have found in the cars history i personally havent done anything engine moding wise, YET!

i think i might just stick it on a rolling road at the weekend, i know were i am then.

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Good idea. Then know the condition of the engine and base improvements from there. Make sure its running ok though and check service parts like plugs, leads, dizzy and rotor which can lose power when worn.

stock cylinder head on the 1.8 is fairly restricted through its small valves and totaly apalling short side machining from the factory.

A worked cylinder head is one of the best things for a 1.8 as they are much harder to get power out of than the 2ltr.