ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

16v engine/ignition bolloxed!

Clio 172 Cup, Eunos

Can anyone help me with this one?

Got my car back from the garage who reconnd my gearbox and fitted a new Sachs competition cluth. Everything ok with this, and gearbox look lovely and new in engine bay, but the car is cutting out whilst driving, like loss of power or something...i will be driving at about 30/40 and the rev counter bounces down to 0 like i swithced off the ignition, then cos its in motion, jump starts itself....and its like constantly driving over a cattle grid. I have checked ignition leads, which are a bit worse for wear (ordered some magnecor ones from BB) but are ok. Ive cleaned the plugs, checked the distributor, checked the earths on the gearbox, but found nothing?

Do i need someone who can do a diagnostic check/plug a computer to read whats going on?

Does anyone else know whats going on? HELLLLLPPPP! i can sense money going out of my bank account again....

Gearbox earth? Wongy had a similar problem and it turns out the garage didnt reconnect one of the gbox earths.

Clio 172 Cup, Eunos

Checked these, but gonna take it all apart tommorrow properly to see what i can find :confused:

They buggered the CAS more than likely.

Its on top of the bellhousing held in by 2 11mm bolts. Its probably bent or they have not re-connected it properly.

Clio 172 Cup, Eunos

Where and what is the CAS?

Could it be knackered timing sensor? BB recommended i look at this too...