ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

16v cams in a williams

Trophy
And i would avoid Kent products like the plague as they have a tendancy to fail resulting in a top end rebuild being required!

Mat.

Nissan 200sx S13
how can cams fail, i already have a set of kent cams and pullys on my valver, they work perfectly fine, my friend has a set in his vts'd engined 106 rally, and they have never had a problem.

what reason have you to belive they 'fail'?

have you ever had them fail on you?

if they did fail are you sure it wasnt another problem which caused the cams to fail.

what i need to know is would the profile of the kent cams be better than the standard williams cams.

Nissan 200sx S13
ok cheers, does anyone have the profile information for standard 1.8 16v cams and for williams cams so i can compare standard, or know where i could find the info, cheers guys.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
'not much difference'

helpful. i'd also be interested in knowing factual information such as duration and lift, instead of some internet myths :rolleyes:

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
midge said:
many people have had problems with kent cams, espicialy with the pulleys braking.

So this is a problem with the pulleys themselves, and not the actual camshafts, which is what the question was about. The only way i can of a camshaft 'failing' is it snapping, but i've never heard of this happening without a piston and a valve coming into play.

If you can show me some other way in which the camshaft has failed please enlighten me!