ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

16v Bonnet Price

Skoda Fabia vRS

:eek: £472.29

Bonnet - £101.55
Intake - £55.40
Intake Clamp - £6.00
Paint - £85
7hrs Labour - £154.00
the vat on that little lot adds another £70.34, making the grand total £472.29

thats from the Renault bodyshop that did my insurance repair work, and they did an excellent job, but £472.29 !!!

the labour on that is rediculous.....7 hours !......but, it is only £22 an hour +vat which is pretty good really

Thats a joke!

Like someone told me yesterday after I got some quotes from them, Renault must hire comedians to come up with these prices!

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

You may as well fit it yourself and save the labour. 7 hours. does that include 6.5 hours for coffee breaks?

Skoda Fabia vRS

i think the labour includes the sprayin an stuff......but it shouldnt take 7 hours to do that !

Quote: Originally posted by PaulRobo on 30 April 2003

i think the labour includes them going to the pub and getting lashed after they finish work!
More like before they start work :)

Quote: Originally posted by BRUN on 30 April 2003

i think the labour includes the sprayin an stuff......but it shouldnt take 7 hours to do that !
give the guys a break, the paint has to dry ya know!

anyway, youd be better off without the bonnet

clio 20v

fuk me it does not take 85 quids worth of paint to cover a bonnet

it doesnt take 7 hours to spray and fit a bonnet

i wouldnt pay more than 80-100 quid for a bonnet spray job plus the price of the bonnet and a second hand vent ur lookin at 250 quid not 472

jesus i hope u told em to fuk off that really is taking the piss they must be earning a fortune

adi

ok.......this is the way i see it

prep new bonnet..... 30 mins

prime new bonnet......... 15 mins

prep primed bonnet........... 30 mins

base coat new bonnet........ 15 mins

gloss new bonnet................ 15 mins

remove old bonnet & remove parts (i.e bonnet stay etc)..............15 mins

fit new bonnet, fit old parts & align............. 30 mins

fit new intake & clamp............. 10 mins

buff new bonnet & remove any imperfections........ 30 mins

hummmmmmm that looks like 3 hrs 10 mins work there........!!!

robbing buggers !!!!!

also ask them for a break down in labour charges...........& why dont you buy a s/hand bonnet complete with intake ??

Just go looking around scrappers. Ok most valvers are probably involved in front end smashes, but you never know. Problem is then matching your colour, I got a metalic grey RT. Do you know how many metalic grey valvers are out there? I aint seen any, apart from 1 in a picture. But for someone to repaint a bonnet. Nothing more than £100 even you can find the right place.

Paul