ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

16s or 17s

Impreza STI v5
I am wanting to get a new set of wheels on my clio 172 cup
but not sure what size to go for,should i stick to 16s or go with 17s the only thing that is putting me off 17s is i dont want to make the ride anymore spine spliting than is all ready is can anyone let me know if 17s realy make that much of a diffrence cheers.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
yes 17s make a big difference mate, don't do it. Been there got the t-shirt, currently selling my 17"s and am on 16" Turinis now.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
All in the eye of the beholder. There's less precise, less sharp on turn in. But i quite like that. For a pure size and overall performance i'd stick to the turini's

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
stop talking babble Ali, " 17"s for show, 16"s for go " is the politically correct saying.

17s for posing 16s for driving IMO. I like R20GRC had 17's in the past and wouldnt go back to them again after having the 16s back on.

Ziel Nurburgring
The additionally weight and radius will ruin the Cups drive. stick with 16's, maybe T Dynamics or Oz's.

Impreza STI v5
cheers for the input lads made up my mind i am a driver and like the way my car handles so not going to mess with that for a wee bit more bling, sticking with 16s