ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

16 valver axle/hub removal?

porsche 944 - 80's ftw!
Is it hard to do on a 96 1.8 clio valver?

Just bidded and won one for a m8 today seems in really good nick apart from the passenger rear wheel being badly kerbed (been replaced with spare) and the wheel tilted slightly to the left.

Im hoping it just will need the hub replacing but if it needs the whole rear axle replacing what sort of price do they go for and how long do they take to fit.

Also do they need any special tools etc?

ValverInBits
So it has a bent wheel?

Its more likely that the wheel will be knackered and the Hub will be ok.

If the hub does need replacing then you should be able to pick one up from a scrappy pretty cheap.
The hub has the wheel bearing pressed into it and the brake disc pressed into the bearing, so be aware that if you pickup a new hub from a scrappy it may have a worn disc on it. IIRC it's illegal (not to mention bad practice) to have uneven wear on your discs.

porsche 944 - 80's ftw!
Yeah, the wheel is bent but after putting the spare on its clear the passenger side wheel is still not straight in the wheelarch.

Should i be able to remove the original brake disk and re-use it on a new hub?

It will probably be my mechanic m8 who will be changing it, though he doesnt know it yet lol. ;)

Might get a pic of what im talking about tommorow if i go round.

Last edited: