ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

16" alloys from 15" ( any affects?)

This may be a stupid question, I don't think it will but will putting 16 inch alloys on my clio from 15 inch make any difference, will it affect the speedo / mileage counter or rub on the arches, I have been told you can go up 2 inches before it does anything but wanted to be sure , thanks

2003 1.2 billabong
This may be a stupid question, I don't think it will but will putting 16 inch alloys on my clio from 15 inch make any difference, will it affect the speedo / mileage counter or rub on the arches, I have been told you can go up 2 inches before it does anything but wanted to be sure , thanks

if you're going up to 195/45/R16 then theres only about 1% difference in diameter

Renault Clio MK4 RS
I have a 1.2 and i have the clio sport 16" alloys on with 40mm lowering springs. It does rub slightly on the back and on full lock at front but only a tiny amount. But thats due to the lowering springs so if you do have it lowered you will need to get some 10mm spacers or something im presuming :)

2003 1.2 billabong
I have a 1.2 and i have the clio sport 16" alloys on with 40mm lowering springs. It does rub slightly on the back and on full lock at front but only a tiny amount. But thats due to the lowering springs so if you do have it lowered you will need to get some 10mm spacers or something im presuming :)
172 wheels will rub on the inner arch at the back due to the offset, you need at least 25 mm spacers on the back to cure it, saves fuel too lol

Last edited:
  Renault Clio MK4 RS
172 wheels will rub on the inner arch at the back due to the offset, you need at least 25 mm spacers on the back to cure it, saves fuel too lol

I have no arch on one side of the rear at the moment as i have the sports bumper on without sports arches at the moment. When i get sports arches it shouldnt rub at all due to them being off a sport. well im hoping its that way :p

2003 1.2 billabong
I have no arch on one side of the rear at the moment as i have the sports bumper on without sports arches at the moment. When i get sports arches it shouldnt rub at all due to them being off a sport. well im hoping its that way :p

i think its more down to the rear axle position/ length on the non sport that causes it