ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

15's or 16's for optimum handling?

2002 172
I am currently trying to decide whether to either keep the stock 16" fat fives on my black 172, or fit my Turini's off the Cup I have just sold, but also think of 15" OZ F1's. I am after a fast road/track day car and would like to hear other peoples views and opinions, and more importantly first hand experience of both wheel sizes and tyre combinations, what they found to be best?

P.s pics of the above 3 sets of wheels on cars set up for a great driving experience would be welcomed, along with details of suspension set up etc :)

Thanks all,
Matt.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
As above, 15" rubber of almost any variety is dirt cheap compared to 16".

Handling? A bit more movement on the 15s due to deeper sidewalls (which I and many others prefer), but beyond that, there's not much between them.

PB Clio 172
I would say 15's just because they are cheaper

Saying that I don't think they look great on 15's but if its a track car who cares about looks