ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

15s on the front, 16s on the back?

Clio 172 ph2 + 990SM
Well ill make sure theyre the same alloys ;) Got my oz wrc 15's on all round atm, and i got some oz superturismo 16's im refurbing. Im thinking of putting trackday rubber on the wrc's and getting a couple of superturismo 15's to go on with the 16's when im just tryin to look good haha

Would make the back snappier than the front on the limit, surely?

Elises have that set up though, as do any number of rodded american cars.

Clio 172 ph2 + 990SM
Yeah I think itll bias the weight a bit more towards the front, just wondering if it'll make the back end that much more twitchy...

As for why... it might look really cool :) I saw a lot of bmws and golfs in germany with that setup n they looked good. I'll put my superturismo 16s on the back at the wkend to get a feel for it. will try and post pics!

Dip

04 Clio 16V Dynamique
Are you trying to get a staggered look?
If so get some 15x7J and 15x8J

RB 182 Special.
Yeah, it would look poo to be honest (in my opinion).

Remember that Elises and the like have the bigger wheels on the rear as that is where their power is delivered. Their rear tyres are wider than the fronts so while I'm not 100% sure, I'd guess it has something to do with that, as it then means that they can have wider tyres but keep the sidewalls about the same. Furthermore, they're set up to run like that, where as the Clio isn't.

Clio 172 ph2 + 990SM
yeah bascially that look DD!

i think its worth half an hour to see what it looks like, then all you unbelievers will be sorry :p

Clio 172 ph2 + 990SM
yeah im suspecting that to. i have got a feeling that ill probably need to try it on a trackday to really notice the difference tho

Are you trying to get a staggered look?
If so get some 15x7J and 15x8J

yeah bascially that look DD!

i think its worth half an hour to see what it looks like, then all you unbelievers will be sorry :p

BOTH of the sizes of wheels he mentions are 15" NOT 15" & 16" etc, the only difference is the width of the wheel, not the diameter of it.

It going to look cack with different diameter wheels front & back if it was a great idea renault would have produced the car like that in the first place.

Clio 172 ph2 + 990SM
yeah thats why i said 'basically'!

seems no-one else seems to have tried this so im gona have a bash and see what it looks like, no need to trash the idea just to you can say 'told you so'! we wouldnt be at the stage we're at now if the world was filled with such negativity

yeah thats why i said 'basically'!

seems no-one else seems to have tried this so im gona have a bash and see what it looks like, no need to trash the idea just to you can say 'told you so'! we wouldnt be at the stage we're at now if the world was filled with such negativity
It isn't what you said 'basically' at all. You are on about putting different diameter wheels front & back on the car.

At the end of the day, it's your car do as you please. I can't wait to see/hear the results.

isn't the post called 15's on the front, 16's on the back? confusing!

Correct, it is.

BMW E92/Audi S3
Its different. Go for it. People are afraid of different and stick to their 'needs this - needs that' "this 'ftw' that 'ftw" do what you think would look good bud. If you dont like it.. then buy a new set of shoes for the motor..

My friends been driving round in his mini for ages with 14 on back, and 13s on front, cant really notice the difference tbh!!