ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

15'' wheel and 300mm PMS brembos?

Hyperhatch

ClioSport Club Member
I already have the 300mm Brembo conversion and was running standard 182 wheels with 25mm spacers to get the clearance required. I now have 16'' Team Dynamics pro 1.2 alloys and whilst removing my hubs for the RC conversion I have realised that I can now run the new wheels (ET38) with a 5mm spacer. I hate having to use the bigger spacer as it doesn't help the handling.

So my question is, can I run a 15'' ET38 wheel, or with a slightly bigger offset (or a small spacer) and have the Brembos?

I'm keen to run slicks or cheaper 888s etc hence why I want to get on to 15s but I defiantly don't want to loose the Brembos.

Does anyone run this setup?

Cheers

E46 M3, Clio 182
You won't be able to run the 300mm with 15" as they just won't fit in the barrel of the wheel. One option is to drop down to a 280mm disc on the brembos, which is the setup I have.

Hyperhatch

ClioSport Club Member
You won't be able to run the 300mm with 15" as they just won't fit in the barrel of the wheel. One option is to drop down to a 280mm disc on the brembos, which is the setup I have.

Thanks for your help. I need new pads and discs at the moment so maybe this is the time to swap. I wonder if my brackets can be adapted to fit the 280mm disc? I presume it's only 10mm difference as the disc is larger 10mm on each side?

E46 M3, Clio 182
Thanks for your help. I need new pads and discs at the moment so maybe this is the time to swap. I wonder if my brackets can be adapted to fit the 280mm disc? I presume it's only 10mm difference as the disc is larger 10mm on each side?
Sounds like now is a better time than any! Unsure if the brackets can be modified - I'm sure someone else will be able to confirm.