ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

13" MacBook Pro

Citroen DS3 DSport
Bought this last Saturday and so far I love it. The replacement HDD and RAM arrived today and I will get these fitted tonight. Opted for a 500GB WD Scorpio Blue HDD. It was far cheaper buying these upgrades myself than buy the MBP with them fitted from Apple.

Rav4
The MBP and the new air have the same graphics card.

:)

Wonder what the performance is like, taking into consideration the reduced processor size.

Sneeks, pics buddy :)

Also, is your new HD 5400 or 7200?

When I upgraded mine to a 7200 I noticed a large improvement in speed.

Tesla MP3 2021
I am tempted to get one myself. How is it size wise, is 13" good enough or is it lacking??

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Where did you get your 500gb HDD from mate?

Im thinking of getting one for my uni body macbook (the older one now, sadly :( )

Citroen DS3 DSport
I chose a 5400 hdd as in most tests the Scorpio Blue does not lag behind a 7200 drive, in some benchmarks it wins. Also it produces less heat, less vibration and improves battery life.

The performance is great, a far faster computer than my 3 year old 2.16 iMac.

Currently reinstalling Leopard after installing the hdd and ram. I bought the hdd for £70 delivered from digital-fusion.

http://www.techreport.com/articles.x/17010

Last edited:
  Citroen DS3 DSport
All installed and working great, the extra ram and upgraded hdd have definitely increased the performance over what was a great system already.

Citroen DS3 DSport
P1010393.jpg

P1010412.jpg

photo%288%29.jpg

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
13, selling the white MB.

No real need to do it, but id like to play COD properly

I need to get another one. Bought a 2.0 macbook unibody two weeks before the updates so sent it back. Need to order a new one. With only 2 weeks of use i was completely smitten. I cant imagine using any other laptop now.

Citroen DS3 DSport
You don't get a better looking laptop than the uMBP, combined with OS X it's the perfect combo.

I placed my online upgrade order for Snow Leopard today, £7.95 delivered is fair enough.