ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

12K Service

WR1 impreza

Ive just been to book in my 182 in to have its 12K servive at Holdcrofts in Stoke-on-Trent and they say it will be £195. I asked them how much it would be if I brought my own Oil and Filter and it came down to £158 BUT only if i use GENUINE Renault parts so what would be the point.

Surely that aint on. Has any1 else had to do this or have you been allowed to choose your own oil???

They can stipulate that you use genuine parts to keep your warranty but they cant stop you going to an independant garage. £195 is about the going rate from a dealer tbh. You can supply your own oil but it will work out dearer as they buy it in bulk and you would be buying 5litres from halfords or similar.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

i was told to bring fully synthetic oil for my 12k service.. he stressed the point fully synthetic.. lol ill be popping down to halfords for my oil!

Quote: Originally posted by seb182 on 28 June 2005

i was told to bring fully synthetic oil for my 12k service.. he stressed the point fully synthetic.. lol ill be popping down to halfords for my oil!
Dont forget to ask for price matching at Halfords too - I got £5 off some oil (Mobil one) for giving them some made up price from Costco!

The Reno dealer I use said "as long as the oil is suitable" then they have no problems with me supplying it..............and the main reason I do supply it (apart from the savings) is that they dont seem to stock the recomended oil.............its usually something else or eve "whatever is lying around" and thats a quote.

Cya Stu

tiTTy & SV650

Renault dont make oil so I hardly think this counts for warranty issues - just make sure its a synthetic 5w 40 oil - even though most Renault dealers dont even get that right!

BMW M3

Just picked my 182 up from its 12k service and they charged me £225, so if anybody got ripped off, it was me. Anyway, the car is fine and actually feels better although i have been using a pickup all week and have probably forgoten how good is was. They also fixed a ginding noise i hear when turning sharply at low speeds under warrenty but couldnt hear the ticking noise from the engine that i hear at idle which i was not surprised about. They said it is nothing to worry about though so i cant be ar*ed persuing it any longer. Oh..... and the car is spotless. So in the end, quite happy then. TBH i was expecting worse.... funny how they seem to perform better when you are a paying customer and not all warrented things. lol