ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

12Gb PS3.....

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Would a 12Gb PS3 be adequate storage for someone who mainly just plays games such as Call of Duty so would only really be downloading the Map packs?

I should imagine there will not be any movies/music/photos being stored on it?

Being asked by a friend and I'm unsure if 12Gb would be sufficient?

Golf R/Leon FR
Personally no, I struggled to keep games on with my original 40gb PS3, but I did have 3 games stored on there. If he only plays one game then he may be fine. But if he plays more he'll struggle.

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
I've had to put 500gb in mine. I don't play it often but it's the down load able content and updates that sap the storage.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I think I'll advise to stretch to a bigger storage version

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
Easy enough to swap out the hard drive though. So if you have access to a cheap hard drive you can do whatever you to.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
It's a girl looking to buy a brand new ps3.... Can't see her pulling it to bits somehow.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
How hard is it to swap to a bigger hard drive? My mrs has bought me a 12GB slim ps3 and i think the 12GB will be too little for me?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I think I'll advise to stretch to a bigger storage version

I would. Although the console versions of some games don't have the added textures of the PC alternative - Max Payne 3 alone was a 31GB install. Drive space and memory is so cheap these days - I would have to have some serious benefits given to me, not to upgrade.

D.

M2 Comp
Can't believe these can be bought for £125 now, I paid £165 last week!!! I doubt 12GB will last anyone very long, but there is always the option to upgrade the HDD at a later date if needed.

So with a caddy does this just connect via USB?

Jap Box
Id get a bigger hard drive, ive had my 60GB since launch and its only got 500mb left on there, thats just with updates, game saves, game installs and the odd map pack etc. How hard is it to transfer the data to a new drive? Got a few spare ones dotted around now but never bothered to look into it as moving my saves seemed like a lot of hassle!

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
It's easy enough to do a full backup to an external hard drive then you can just restore onto the new machine. I did that when I replaced my 60gb hd with a 320gb