ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

12000 mile service - result - well chuffe

Took the cuo in for its first 12000 mile service yesterday

£140 incl VAT

Break pads are only 45% worn either side, tyres still have 3mm tread left on front 6mm on back (unbelievable I know) and the oil they used was Castrol Magnatex. This is a complete result as I drive the car flat out wherever I go. They even supplied a brand new pool car for the day and washed and hoovered the Cup (including the boot!)

Well done to Kings of Taunton - who said All Renault Dealers are Crap?

Weeman sucks ****

Sounds good to me, mines due in 1500 miles and my local dealer quoted me £176 for the 12000 mile service. shame Taunton is bloody miles away from hertfordshire!

My pads still look good and Ive been on a trackday, although i have just had new tyres fitted but the back ones are ok.

996 Carrera

I had mine done while I was back home in Preston the other week.

Cost me £102! Although I did supply the oil and Ive got an aftermerket filter in the airbox.

Slough Renault quoted me £160 if I supplied the oil - robbing gits.

Renault Preston seemed to do a good job although the STOP light is still on. They cleaned my brake pads (they were squeaking) and found that the passenger seat subframe was broken which neeeds replacing.

So if u can get it serviced up North.

172 Cup

Good result Compocup. Yet more proof of why we need a "Good dealers, Bad dealers" section on the site.

trick i used was to call all the local garages for a quote then got the one i wanted to take it to to price match them. result was they serviced it for £120 instead of £160 for the 12k service

Weeman sucks ****

Its annoying cos a service isnt that hard to do, parts are only 59 quid on the print out i got. All this just for that little stamp in the book eh.

Been phoning a couple of garages myself for quotes - some of them are still insisting that my car needs serviced every 18,000 miles, not every 12,000. Muppets!

For anyone else who isnt sure - Clio 172 and 172 Cups require serviced every 12,000 miles - are you listening Service Departments?!?!?! :mad:

And £36 part cost for oil is a nice little earner for the garage as well - damn sure that the cost to them supplied in 50 gallon drums works out at a hell of a lot less than £36 for 4 or 5 litres :cry:

[/Rant]

Still, the garage closest to me offering ClioSport discount knew the correct service interval, are quite happy for me to supply my own oil, and thankfully I dont need an air filter either = much cheapness!

Shame my previous experiences with Renault Aftersales has been so poor - hopefully this garage can restore some of the tarnished image!