ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

10GB monthly internet allowance

Mk4 .:R32
Is that a reasonable allowance for home internet?

We download a few songs, watch youtube vids, watch stuff on 4OD and BBC iPlayer...

I know songs use a few MB, but what about streaming video like on the iPlayer and 4OD??

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Imo it's enough but i'm not a downloading wh0re so I never get through mine.

I've never even been close to be honest.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Seriously?

How much f**king you tube are people watching! Or do you mean Red tube?

Listerine & Poledo
you'll be fine on 10GB

The average household family will go through 5gb.

who's it with anyway? Many have policies where they'll just slow your line down if you go over and send you an e-mail, if you get this happen then you can always up the package

ITB'd MK1
sounds a bit tight to me, but i tend to watch iplayer and 4od more than actual TV.

I used to blitz my 3Gb limit when i only had a 3g dongle, and that was being careful

Listerine & Poledo
since downloading endles amounts of copyrighted material via torrent or similar is still illegal whichever way you want to slice it, the companies can argue that it's a fair limit since many users who dont go a bundle on downloading pirated material will go nowhere near the 10gb limit.

as I said thougth, it's not like they'll charge you for it anyway, just turn the speed.

I think I'll put a counter on my router and see what my monthly amount actually is, but between a laptop and a PS3 I doubt I'll be troubling servers too much

Go cry to your momma!
My current sync is 3.5 days and I've done nearly 20gb down and 2gb up - that's with a couple of internet radios in the house and 3 laptops. No torrents in that time either..

My sister doesn't download music, just streams it from youtube playlists - that'd stop if we were trying to adhere to a limit!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
f**k that lol 10GB wouldn't even give me 30 minutes worth of downloading ! I pulled down 500GB in newsgroup s**t last month without trying !

With iPlayer and 4oD etc I would say 20 - 30GB would be better. Rather spend a little more per month than have to deal with capped / charged usage.

Just browsing (ie; watching youtube videos all the time..), emailing and playing games online I get through wayyyy more than 10gb a month.

In the last week there's probably been a couple of Gb's of updates for games I have on steam. Plus I download and upload a tonne of stuff doing web development.

10gb a month really sounds tight to me.