ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

10 points for figuring out what this is on my 182...pics inside

While changing a sidelight today, I noticed this wire dangling around near the headlight area (on the side that a headlight went out on today) and just wondered firstly what it is, as I couldn't find any terminals that were missing a wire going to them or anything and secondly if it could be the cause for my passenger side xenon light failing. It has been taped to run along the boot release cable and then the connector is just loose near the headlight. I've taken some pics as best I can to show the connector and location...any thoughts?

100_0452.jpg

100_0455.jpg

100_0456.jpg

100_0457.jpg

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
99.99% sure acoustic valve has no electrical connector.

Ok so i'm guessing with it unconnected that the bonnet being opened won't trip the alarm? I'll have a better look tomorrow and see if I can plug it back in somewhere.

100_0456.jpg

In this picture the pressure switch for the bonnet is the little black bit sticking up to the right of the bolt in the grille.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Im guessing it plugs into the bottom of that pressure switch (that black thing on the bottom of the pic)