ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1 Virgin TV box two rooms??

Clio
You might have to bear with me here....

My mates got Sky and he has a cable that plugs into the SKY box and then runs it to a another TV in another room and you can watch and control the SKY box from the TV in the other room with a seperate control, even though he has to watch the same on both TVs.

I've tried finding the same sort of thing for my new Virgin TV but don't really know what I'm looking for. Does anybody know what I mean and is it possible with Virgin?

Cheers and sorry for the crap description.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Dont worry i knwo what you mean.

He is basicly running a Coax cable from the box to the telly and using the Sky Magic eye, which sends a signal back to the sky box to change it etc.

Now Virgin i dont think have anything like that.

SO we need to look at other stuff out there and there is things to do this easily :)

What you can use is a video sender with a control option.
These are great as they are also wire free.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5345014/Trail/searchtext%3EVIDEO+SENDER.htm

Thats just one example.

If you want to use the control in another room make sure the ones you look at have the ability to send signals back for it.

Also, some do get interference from wifi signals, so look for ones that are not on a close frequency or are showing as safe use with wifi in the area.

Prices range from £20 up to quite a bit.

Clio
You Sir are a legend:) Thank you.

That is what I need, I will look into it and probably be back once I can't figure out how to get it working!

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
hehe

no worries.

As i said there are loads out there to choose from :)
Some say they dont work with some cable boxes due to the frequency they use on the remote controls.

But ive been told that this may now have been resolved...

Clio 172mk2
just get a dodgy box off ebay ok its 90-100 quid , split the cable input into other room , done u can watch what ever u like then

Golf MK7,GSX-R600 L4
I've got a virgin box and a 'cough' another virgin box. Can I split the signal coming into the 'other' box and add the original virgin box in another room?

Is it just a coax splitter that i need? I'm not too fussed about controlling the original virgin box from the other room