ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.6 Throttle Body Cleaning

Civic Type-S GT
Ritey, would one of you wonderful people be able to direct me on how the hell i remove my throttle body?

It's in desperate need of a clean, my engine refuses to stay running sometimes lol.

Below are the pics of the throttle body location from front and both sides cos i thought it might help lol. Step-by-step instructions would be greatly appreciated :rasp: its a 2004 1.6 16v btw

th_38636_DSCN1866_122_760lo.jpg
th_38641_DSCN1867_122_1119lo.jpg
th_38649_DSCN1869_122_641lo.jpg

apologies for the filthiest engine bay known to man lol

White Sti Hatch
Take off the air filter box both parts and see if there anymore screw other than the one visible on top

Megane dci 130
Take off the resinator box which is the peice that runs along the side of the engine (black box), it just pulls off after you take the rubber band off.

Next remove the two T20 screws on the right hand picture you can see and take off the air filter housing. You pull the top out first then it unclips from the bottom, you may need to take off the servo pipe from the inlet manifold to get it out. (the pipe you can juse see on the right hand picture.)

untitled-2.jpg

Next, you need to take out the 2 female torx bolts that go down the side off the airbox, the connector and the 10mm bolt on the top. Heres a pic to show you.

arrow.jpg

Then when thats off, (it will be tight to get out, you may need to take off the engine mount to get it out.) There is a vacume pipe in the top, CARFULLY remove that as they do break! Then the last thing is the 2 10mm bolts holding it to the manifold around the back. Then it should just pull right out. When its built back together, re program the electronic throttle body by turning the ignition on for 30 seconds then off then start it.

Hope this helps.

Megane dci 130
Just take your time, the hardest bit is moving the air box to get to the throttle body bolts!