ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.6 16V Gearbox issues

2002 Clio 1.6 16v
Hi I have a 2002 Clio 1.6 Dynamique and have had a problem by when you come off the throttle and change gear you get a clunk, I just presumed a worn engine mount, however it was in the garage today getting the cambelt done so I asked them to have a look, they say that two mounts have slight play in them but they believe the clunk is coming from inside the gearbox. Is this a common thing (Car has done 78k) and if so is the box on its way out?

Finally if it is the box does anyone know what the gearbox code is and where is best to get one either 2nd hand or recond.

Cheers

Mark

2002 Clio 1.6 16v
Just been out in car and although it clunks I still think it may be an engine mount as the movement of the gear stick seems a bit excessive, how many engine mounts are there on the 1.6 and which mount is most likely to cause this issue?

Cheers

Mark

renault clio 1.6 16v
did you manage to resolve the problem? i have a noise too, i took it to garage last year and there is a wear on the underside of the car where the exhaust keeps hitting when you pull of quick in first or second, i changed the gearbox mount and thought that would solve the problem but its still there, how many mounts are they on the engine? i can only seem to find 1? comments appreciated

thanks

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
theres 3 mounts on under the batter one on the drivers side wing and 1 at the bottom at the back (dogbone). i had alot of play in mine and found the drivers mount conpleatly snapped off.

i want to upgrade the dogbone bushes with new polly if available like the 172/182