ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.6 16v air filter

Yozza'd Titanium 182
One of my first mods will have to be the air filter as i want my car to sound resonably loud yet classy...

The ph2 airboxes are dodgey tho, what can be done?

306 GTI-6
I have just uprated the standard panel filter to a K&N. Didn't wnat to fit an induction kit, so looking at opening up the resonator box and cutting away the baffles using a dremel or similar, and then route the air feed to the front grill rather than behind the headlight.

To be honest though, the K&N filter by itself does actually give a slightly better noise.

Yozza'd Titanium 182
hmm, but pannel filters dont make any noise, it needs to be a cone filter for a good sound, but how do you convert your standard air box to a cone one?

My Legs
ive got a pipercross viper for sale its used but has a brand new CAF and trumpet in red PM me !

Yozza'd Titanium 182
im not after buying one, my question is, if you have a 16v clio how do you put a cone filter on? is there a converter

Renault Clio mk2 RSi 16v
all you want is a K& Gen 2 thats it . thats what i got on mine , this what it sounds like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0Mbdx6osok
and this what it looks like
P1010042.jpg

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
James have you got a car yet? or a license? just all these modding threads your first insurance premium will be about the same as your car with all these mods your planning, especailly on a 1.6, lol you might as well get a 172 for the same money.

superbenji88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i
damn, i wanted to get a 57i gen 2, but i wasnt sure it would be worth it, i wish i had bought one now :( sounds and looks great

Yozza'd Titanium 182
James have you got a car yet? or a license? just all these modding threads your first insurance premium will be about the same as your car with all these mods your planning, especailly on a 1.6, lol you might as well get a 172 for the same money.

1 yes i have a license, ive had it 2 years and its a clean license
2 no i dont have a car but i have money saved and im about to buy one...
3 pmsl as if id tell the insurance company... (don't start a disscsion about this)

Yozza'd Titanium 182
Get a BMC CDA with some samco hoses like moi

20102007521.jpg

yes this is something that im looking for but... where you have you blue hose attached to your engine, how do you do that? as in the engine i have when you take the airbox apart you are left with a square base?

james you need to take the box off the back of the engine thats why you are seeing a box,remove that and it will look like all the ones in the pics

BMW M135i
Or instead of spending a load of money, fit an Espace v6 airbox like Giles did...

He still had to get a k&n 57i kit to get the required piping, and those are £90 to start with. Theres no real cheap way with the K4J/K4M engine.

kit i bought cost me 60 quid then the filter,but i bought 1 at a time to make sure i could modify,if you ordered all at once then itd be 50 and i can list what i bought if people want?

Evo 6, E92 320d
K4M is not one of the easiest to get a good setup on, especially with the cable version, mine is a ktec ramcharger piping with kn filter.
CRIM0016.jpg

As i said,if its a cable throtlle you will have to get a kit specifically designed for that year and model i.e. 99-01 due to the idle flow meter pictured below. this needs a feed and as you can see my kit didnt come with the feed so i had to make it.
CRIM0015-1.gif

If however you get a ph2 then u will not have any issues with the feed pipe.

Yozza'd Titanium 182
ok cool, so basically ive just gotta take the whole square plastic box off and it produces a whole round the back?

Evo 6, E92 320d
Indeed, most full induction kits connect directly to the throttle body, it maximises air flow.

Megane Cabriolet D+
Can anyone point me in the right direction as to where i can get hold of the full bmc kit?

Sorry for asking the questions in your thread James.