ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.5 dci project!

so i just passed my test and got this 1.5 dci off my brother! the car is in pretty good shape for its age and despite the fact he abused it it still drives well! :) so here is my little thread about the wee beast!
purchased for a bargin price of £600 with only 80000 on the clock :)
paid £3000 for insurance though... YAY!...
this is what it looked like after a little clean up;
IMAG0133.jpg

so id already been hunting around for ideas and wanted some new wheels, and my original tyers were abit F***ed...
so i got these 182 clio cup 16" wheels with 4 good tyers for £250 (good/bad price?)
IMAG0134.jpg

still had a little list of goodies on the way like stereo parts, carbon wrap, bulbs and a sport grill :)
IMAG0135.jpgIMAG0136.jpg

so thats all ive done for now, got other plans such as colour coding the door stips and painting the bullets and badges grey to match the wheels :)

let me know what ya think and any ideas/ criticism is welcome ;)

TonkaTruck

ClioSport Club Member
  28k Trophy - R1200GS
Lovely dCi 80, especially for £600. Would of bitten your brothers hand of if he had it advertised for that!

Looks well with the RS Grille and also the 182 Alloys.
Personally not a fan of the carbon wrap but each to their own.
£250 for the alloys is what they fetch.

Get yourself onto www.RenaultdCi.net as well.

cheers! brotherly love mate ;) noone else would have had it that cheap ;) and i wasnt sure about the carbon either, but having seen it done on others it looked a better finish than the awful grey it was :p chhers for the comment! :)

Looks lovely mate.... great buy :) you will also enjoy the cheap running costs too ;)

P.s get the speaker wires hidden in the passenger foot well lol

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
Bargain!! Looks a good start! Just tell your insurance what you've changed as I didnt with my old 1.2 Clio and it got wrote off my lorry. I had to change every think back to standard an lost alot of money!!

Megane
Wow mugged with insurance I have a mk3 1.5 and I'm only 30 a month for insurance. 1 years no claimes. - Tesco before I got my clio I had a fiesta st and that was 92 a month again with Tesco.

Wow mugged with insurance I have a mk3 1.5 and I'm only 30 a month for insurance. 1 years no claimes. - Tesco before I got my clio I had a fiesta st and that was 92 a month again with Tesco.
what lies did you feed them for that... 30 a month is what my dad pays on his Audi with maximum no claims... tesco don't touch under 18s anymore, nor do most companies as of late. my brother paid £2500 two years ago to insure the same car, thus i haven't paid out of the ordinary for someone of my age.

so i've now colour coded the badges and bullets grey to match the wheels and painted the door strips to match the car. im thinking of doing the mirror casings soon but dont know if i should do them black or grey? ideas people? :) pics to follow soon!

so yesterday i found myself a bargin set of 172 seats in really good condition! i went to view them an £100 later i was bringing them home! :)
so heres so pic's of them! excuse the poor photography! i will get some better shots on a nicer day!
IMAG0137.jpgIMAG0139.jpgIMAG0140.jpg

chuffed to bit with them! only problem i have is that the airbag clips are wrong! ): so i have the lights on the dash on! anyone know the best solution or if theres a way to get them to work?

so im still to solve my airbag issue, although i may have found the solution! yay! i will keep that one posted!
here is a similar shot to the 3rd i posted, although you should notice the difference (other than the poo weather!)
IMAG0141.jpg

and for those who cant spot the difference;
-sport grille
-colour coded the door bullets and all the badges to match the wheels!
-colour coded the door bump strips!
-and not clear but you can see the new seats!

only other plans ive got is to colour code the mirror cases, maybe the front/rear bumper strips and get a sport spoiler!
im chuffed with the way its turned out so please feel free to rate & slate it! always nice to know other peoples opinions!

Looking nice :) Really like the dCi bullets :)

What would finish this of perfectly I think would be:

Clear side repeaters
colour code door handles, Mirror caps and front bumper mouldings/rear bumper
Silver vision indicator bulbs.

It has come along so well so quickly. Well done!

Looking nice :) Really like the dCi bullets :)

What would finish this of perfectly I think would be:

Clear side repeaters
colour code door handles, Mirror caps and front bumper mouldings/rear bumper
Silver vision indicator bulbs.

It has come along so well so quickly. Well done!

cheers! im really happy with it!
am i likely to break things getting the side repeaters out?
and im going to do the mirror caps for sure, but i dont know if i can be bothered with all the other bits! (for a few months anyway!)
and i shall invest in the silver vision bulbs once i get my next pay pack ;)

Woop woop! Airbag light is now off! Got myself some silverline bulbs which are fitted now :) tbh I don't see the big rage about them? :L but hey! Also to be ordered shortly are my clear side repeaters and when I can track one down for a decent price a sport spoiler! :) all in all I think it's a decent finish! None of the God awful things most 17 year olds do to their cars! as I finish off the last few things I shall keep posting pics! :) thanks for helping out with advice much appreciated! :)

good plans :) and just spray the mirror caps.. carbon as you say will look naff. also do you have a pic of the rear of the car, you dont seem to have one up?

good plans :) and just spray the mirror caps.. carbon as you say will look naff. also do you have a pic of the rear of the car, you dont seem to have one up?
i thought as much! if/when i get a spoiler i was thinking of wrapping that? seen it done and that looks ok? but again opinion?? and i will get one of the rear, other than the colour coded badges its naff! sits high too :/ dont wanna lower it till i got a year NCB though!

How did you get the airbag light off, mines currently on. Maybe this is a common problem and an easy fix.
depends you running the same seats as before? could be a case of wiggle the wires under the seat. if not you need some 3.3ohm resistors in the pretensioner clips and airbag clips. if you need to see a guide become a member and look :)

so after washing my car i looked at my headlights and the haziness on them was a joke! so up to my mates boadyshop it was! just a quick going over wet flatting with 1500 to 2000 grit paper, followed by a machine polish with some G3. unfortunately i have no before pics but i will post pics of them soon. there not immaculate, but to be honest i just wanted an improvement on them. also i painted my CS grille satin black as the grey didn't look right. also pics to follow!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Nice little car this, you've also gone the right direct with it from the off which makes a change!

Don't go fitting angel eyes to it and ruining all your hard work! Find a local member with a machine polisher and follow the guide on here to bring your headlights back to good as new!

I went against the angel eyes :) and I've sorted the lights out now! There by no means perfect but it's a 10 year old car so anything was an improvement! :) should have a spoiler sorted soon, just looking into a sport rear bumper now. Colour code the front bump strips/mirror case and she's done! :)

update.. i now have a spoiler on the way! but it the wrong colour, cant find them cheap in pearl black anywhere! soo i am now in a situation of what to do.
do i;
A.carbon wrap (still not sure about that!)
B.satin black it?
C.matt black it
D.pearl black it (rattle cans) IMO im not bad at painting, but getting a decent match to the roof will be hella hard!

ideas people! :)

we have progress! painted my bumpers and mirror cases today! few runs in it (boo hoo) but never mind, im not overly fussed! will post some pics of it later on and a finished piece photo will be up in the next week once its had a clay and wax! :D

so here ar the pics of the paint process, which look much better than once it had all hardened off ): it went from a high gloss sheen to a matted finish :/ but hey ho! i shant fuss as there only the plastics and they look better colour coded than the horrid grey they had gone! soo bit heavy on the pics but have a ganders! IMAG0159.jpgIMAG0160.jpgIMAG0161.jpgIMAG0162.jpgIMAG0163.jpgIMAG0164.jpgIMAG0165.jpgIMAG0166.jpgIMAG0167.jpg