ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.5 dci NON AC aux tensioner

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
as above, is there a MOT tool to tension the aux belt. i can see a tooth gap on the tensioner and a tooth thing on the bracket that bolt to the block.

ive seen something that looks like a long threaded bar with a hook on the end, and nut ( s ) on the other, winding them in tensions the belt.

could do with the tool if its available

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
There is a tool yes but I always leave it in the toolbox and use a medium breaker bar to roll the tensioner into place and tighten the T40 (or whatever stupidly tight fixing it has)

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Yea there is a tool, breaker bar does it for me. There's also a electronic hertz tool to get the tension correct.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
All I need to do is find a better way of tensioning the belt. Currently have to push the tensioner down with a crow bar in the slotted gap, and then tighten up the 10mm /t40 what ever bolt is in ther gap