ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.5 DCI 80 Injectors

172 Cup
Hi

My dad has an old 05 Kangoo running the 1.5DCi 80.
It is having major problems starting (but runs fine once started), we have narrowed it down to back flow leakage on the injectors.
We can get replacements on ebay, but have read that they would need coding in?

Any one know what this involves? And is the software/hardware to do it readily available!

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
You just need CLIP and to put in the new injector numbers I the values iirc. Been a while since I’ve done em.

I’ve also got some good dCi 100/80 injectors too if you’re in need of any, will do them cheapish :)

Clio 2.0 138hp
I had the same issue with a clio 1.5 dci. Search hard on ebay and try and find an injector where the code sort of matches the existing one. I did the same and didnt bother coding. The coding only really effects the trim that the ecu does to adjust fuel delivery amounts. Ive spent hours reading about it all because mine was a right pain to sort. Especially on a van the coding doesnt make hardly any difference. Its not like that extra 0.5 hp will make the difference :)

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
You do need to code them or it will run very badly. Check the filter or shine a light in the tank as it's likely your fuel pump has disintegrated in which case to do a proper job it's tank and lines out out, a serious cleaning session, new pump, new injectors and a new filter. £650 or so excluding the labour.

172 Cup
You do need to code them or it will run very badly. Check the filter or shine a light in the tank as it's likely your fuel pump has disintegrated in which case to do a proper job it's tank and lines out out, a serious cleaning session, new pump, new injectors and a new filter. £650 or so excluding the labour.
Would that not mean it always running badly? It only struggles to start, runs fine once started.
Hmmmm, now to try and convince him to drop a 172 engine in instead!

Clio 2.0 138hp
From the research i did i found that the reason it wont start if its a leak back issue on the injectors is because the injectors cannot build enough pressure because they just leak back to the pump. It just keeps going back to the pump rather than pressurizing. Once the injector stops leaking back, because its replaced or refurbed, the injectors can get the pressure required. The ecu wont allow the injectors to fire unless sufficient pressure is seen. Thats why it is hard to start but not impossible. You just have to get lucky with lots of factors and it will start. I found that when cold it would obviously be harder to start. And if the engine had been left all night long. The longer its left, the harder it is to start. I used easy start to fire mine every time for about 3 months because i couldn't get an injector. Your issue is absolutely identical to mine. I read all the stuff online and none of it matched my issue. Does it by any chance flash up an injector fault when for example doing about 50 in 5th and then flooring it. If you let off the throttle it will clear the message and be fine. Sounds like the first person to have the same issue as me.

172 Cup
Yup sounds the same as yours, hence thinking leak back from injectors.
Will check tank/filter before changing injectors as if the pumps goosed it's not worth saving!!