ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.4RT---- What Modds are available

Mk2 Ph1 1.2
What modifications are actually available for the 1.4RT 8V energy engine...Kind running out of ideas...help needed.

Cheers

6/468 17poo
Decat, filter (relocated better), full exhaust system, chip it, change the throttle body from a 1.8spi laguna, cams,nothings gonna make it go much quicker, get v good suspension and strip it!
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer what have you done so far??

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Best vfm mods are to leave the engine well alone, strip it, lower it on akit or coilovers, uprate teh brakes to valver ones and get really good tyres on lightweight alloys

Evo4, MITO, 172 TTV6
like above though if you put the 1.8 laguna throttle body on youll need to bore out the inlet manifold then get it remaped after. You could also get your head gas flowed. Basically get rid of any restrictions in the car. Having a good suspension and brake setup would be the best starting point, running on no larger than 15s. Strip the car of anything you dont need also.

Evo4, MITO, 172 TTV6
first and easiest is to get a full system exhaust and decat. The next is to work on your intake to the airfilter. If you still have your original one, just before the airfilter (where the pipes go to passenger wheel arch and exhaust manifold) there is a plate that moves. Take that plate out reroute both the air feeds to behind your grill for better air flow and then get an uprated filter. Dont get an induction kit!!! After that its working on the inners of your engine. 16v brakes are good, you could get them on here or from a scrappy. They weigh more though! Full suspension kit or coilovers. Strip it + loose the spare wheel!

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
just got myself some R5GT brakes, brembo discs, and ebc pads for mine... there going on on wednesday :)

aswell as some strippping and buckets/harnesses this week i hope if i source some cheap

but, as said above, decat, full zorst, sort the air feeed, laguna spi TB (but it would be pointless unless you were to get the ports matched and re mapped)

then a good set of tyres, good suspension set up, and youre larfin

S2000
Engine wise you can put the laguna tb, headwork, cams, remap and a 1.6 bottom end if you want. If you do a search theres loads of info about tuning these engines. They are good for reasonable power outputs, but it's not necessarily cheap getting there.

onm y old RT i had a deat (didnt get round to fitting), cat back, filter, tints, alloys, lowered on gmax kit. was ace!