ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1/4 mile times

ibiza cupra
just wonderd as my mates at work and me are on about going to santa pod later in the year and they are both driving punto gt`s (but by then the one will have a 2.0lt turbo coupe engine in it). was just wondering wether i would look stupid but 15`s for a standard car aint that bad.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Indeed, I also got around 15 but cant remember exactly. Was badly driven by me though to be fair :(

ibiza cupra
i spose the better launch, the better the time.so i best get practicing lol. 4000 revs then strait off the clutch.

Focus RS mk1
theres less grip than you think there, it looks all nice an sticky but if you get the start wrong its over, just gotta keep trying to improve on what you get

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
15.42 at pod on17's std 172 you will beat the punto thou mate i have beat a few there probly not the fiat coupe engine one thou ;)

Most people reckon they will do a quicker time than they do tho :eek:

Elise,Pum,WRX,MCS,R6
Punto GT with a few breathing mods get around the 15sec mark. The Guy I knew with the GT with the coupe turbo engine was getting high 13's/low 14secs which could be improved alot if he got the traction right at the start.

The traction at Pod is nothing like out on normal roads, give it the same amount of throttle as you would on the road and you would be hitting off the limiter moving no where.

E92 M3
Punto GT with a few breathing mods get around the 15sec mark. The Guy I knew with the GT with the coupe turbo engine was getting high 13's/low 14secs which could be improved alot if he got the traction right at the start.

The traction at Pod is nothing like out on normal roads, give it the same amount of throttle as you would on the road and you would be hitting off the limiter moving no where.

what do you mean buy this is it slipy

Ph1
14.4 is my best time to date running full interior, ice and heavy Speedline 2118's.

Since that run iv lost 22kg's, gone back to stock lighter rims and found 6 extra bhp and roughly 10lbft of torque so hoping to shave a bit more of that this year.

Focus RS mk1
what do you mean buy this is it slipy

its very slippy, it looks all nice and grippy but a little to many revs and its over as i found out, i even tried going down with traction control on. as said above its nothing like the grip you get on a normal road.

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
15.1 when the car was a couple of months old with a tight engine.

Reckon I could break into the 14s quite easy now.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
its very slippy, it looks all nice and grippy but a little to many revs and its over as i found out, i even tried going down with traction control on. as said above its nothing like the grip you get on a normal road.

Is there a reason or this? I'm going soon and thought they'd have a decent grippy strip, cars will actually do quicker quarter miles on the road (not that I'd test this of course!)

ibiza cupra
i would have though that it would have been grippyer (if thats even a word) than normal rds but i guess not :S

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
I could get mid 13's but I don't drive a 1*2

You THINK you will !!

Awaits timing slip for proof :coffee:
mid 14's probly !

Ive seen ibizas there with similar spec and they DONT run mid 13's !!

Corsa with 2.0 calibra turbo and 260bhp last time i went was ballistic and did 13.9 .

Z4
You THINK you will !!

Awaits timing slip for proof :coffee:
mid 14's probly !

Ive seen ibizas there with similar spec and they DONT run mid 13's !!

Corsa with 2.0 calibra turbo and 260bhp last time i went was ballistic and did 13.9 .

+1

You'd need some impressive power, very little weight or lsd etc to get mid 13s

Somebody took of me against a Noble.
[YOUTUBE]
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cWC1c-CfstQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cWC1c-CfstQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
My best (with terrible starts) was 15.3s - Totally standard 182.

221bhp/ton Mondial Terror
Somebody took of me against a Noble.
[youtube]
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cWC1c-CfstQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cWC1c-CfstQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
My best (with terrible starts) was 15.3s - Totally standard 182.

Fair play mate at least u had a go!:cool:

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
13.6 17"s. 172turbo. Fwd.

Can't wait to try again but with the rwd
And alot more boost .
Oh and some slicks.

Hoping to get 13.

MERCEDES CLS AMG
You will find with drag racing that the more experienced you are and depending on how well you know your car, your times will differ. The slowest time for a 172 ive seen was an 18.2 ( Chris n Nic ;) )......the fastest ( with minimum mods ) 13.9 ( timo172 )

I ran a 13.5 @ 106 with a stripped out car, R-sport ECU, hillpower reworked cams, inlet manifold, Viper and a 50 shot of Nitrous with Digimax progressive controller.

With more extreme mods and more experience better times can be achieved - this applies to most forms of motor sport.

( oh ...... 11.9 with the vag engine but that doesnt count ;) )

Last edited:
  182 Cup
You will find with drag racing that the more experienced you are and depending on how well you know your car, your times will differ. The slowest time for a 172 ive seen was an 18.2 ( Chris n Nic ;) )......the fastest ( with minimum mods ) 13.9 ( timo172 )

I ran a 13.5 @ 106 with a stripped out car, R-sport ECU, hillpower reworked cams, inlet manifold, Viper and a 50 shot of Nitrous with Digimax progressive controller.

With more extreme mods and more experience better times can be achieved - this applies to most forms of motor sport.

( oh ...... 11.9 with the vag engine but that doesnt count ;) )

Matt, have you seen any difference in times between strips? For example cars appearing to run faster at either Santa Pod or York?

williams and trophy
tbh iv always found pod to be the slower strip in my experience....the startline there has usually been glued quite heavily tho. last time i was there, was 35 deg heat, and u needed 2500 revs + just to unstick the tyres from where u were sat.

altho the times are very close. 14.0 at york, 14.2 at pod. both in the willy mind.

btw.......tim o s 13.9 was with slicks.......matt forgot to mention that bit ;)
both him and his brother charlie have destroyed gearboxes racing me at york........;)

MERCEDES CLS AMG
Matt, have you seen any difference in times between strips? For example cars appearing to run faster at either Santa Pod or York?

I prefer Santa Pod and Shakespeare county raceway. I used to go York in the 80's as a kid when my dad and his pals used to race down there and its never changed. A serious lack of investment and refusal to update has lost them my custom.

My quickest times were recorded at Santa Pod ( times varey also depending on weather ) personally a cold day with a dry track is your best bet.

n2x

e60/f10
16.04 iirc. Either i had a bad start and the strip quality sucked or theres something wrong with my car :F