ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1/4 mile times for 172.

Does anyone know what times you'd expect to get running a 172 FF(my one) up a 1/4 mile ?

As i fancy giving it a go, but dont know what kinda times i should be aiming for :S

Is it in the 15's ?

Or 16's ?

Or slower ?

EVO VII
low 15's :)

i did 14.7 in my old ph 1 172
i did 15.2 in a 182
i did 15.3 in my brothers 172

Burgandy 174 sport t
best I could get was 15 dead! I dare say if u stripped it out etc you would get in the 14's

15's for a full fat, or 14's if it's a freak. Paddy's old one ran a 14.6 totally standard iirc, but that's the quickest I know of for a non Cup and non Ph1

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
i ran 16 sumin in my old 172 but i was spinning in 2nd and abit in 3rd no traction at all lol.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
15.5-16 secs if its std mate thats what I always seem to get ;) Most other std ff cars I see seem to run similar times too .

VaVa
Low 15's seem more the norm from what I've seen on here. A few have dipped into 14's.

So many variables in venue/conditions/drivere etc...

Lee

BMW M2C
As has been said, low 15s. 14.9 was the best I ever got out of my ph2 172 and that was a one off. I could bang out 15.1s easily.

S

Ste 185

Iam going to pod on 16th march thinking about taking car on hoping 4 high 14s! Ill post a comment when i have been.

S

Ste 185

well im hoping to beat that i have done a cup in mine, it had exhaust duno wat else tho.

TVR Cerbera
with your spec shouldn't be a problem, like i said i had a nearly standard cup and got 14.5. it's all down to launch and traction.;)

Elise,Pum,WRX,MCS,R6
should aim for 15 at least mate. you get well driven cars like standard Vts/Gti's doing 15.2's all day long.

Polo GTi
14.7 so far in a completely standard cup with all the trimmings

This car has 14.5 written all over it standard trim

Speaking of 1/4 mile, got the new dates for York through the door yesterday, prices have gone up again!

14.7 so far in a completely standard cup with all the trimmings

This car has 14.5 written all over it standard trim

Speaking of 1/4 mile, got the new dates for York through the door yesterday, prices have gone up again!

that's so the fire truck can be more modded while the surface goes to s**t even more lol

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
i got a 16.3 in my ph1 k4m...

I'm just finding it weird driving a turbo car, power has all gone just after 5000rpm so it's next gear early, it feels slow changing so early but going by the times it's quicker! means the turbo is running at full boost for longer too.

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
the pod looks so much better than crail!! the tarmac looks as smooth as a babys bum!

the pod looks so much better than crail!! the tarmac looks as smooth as a babys bum!

But doesn't the Pod get used for top fuel dragsters etc ?

And the guy ta crail is probably a tight arse and will spend no money on place.

Lol

Does anyone know how the 172/182's are at getting traction on 1/4 miles launches ?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Exactly!!!! lol!

Crail, if anything is worse! You have to avoid the pot holes 1st.

I did a 15.3 i think. 6.46 to 60.

a 15.3? You said the pink effort was quick and that's decidedly average to poor. If your Williams was miles slower then it must have been a terrible one, any slower would be valver/walking pace

FCS...timing was about as accurate as using an abacus! Was above Average!

Like i've said numerous times....(Evidently your too dense to absorb it) The 172 was quicker above 80! And 80-90+ is 'about' the terminal speed of the 1/4mile. Hence why Willy's go better! :rolleyes: