ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 throttle body?

BMW E36 328i Sport
My friend is looking at buying a 51 plate Clio 1.2 but has been told it needs the throttle body replaced, how much will that cost? Is it a straight forward job?

Any help would be good thanks

BMW E36 328i Sport
Eh not sure if it's 8v or 16v that's all the info I got from him. That's what the person selling the car has said so just going off that.

Mavez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio & No Megane
If it's a D4F throttle body he needs then I have one I bought off of ebay that I never used.

Fitting isn't too bad it's located underneath the inlet plenum. Just takes a little time unbolting the plenum and disconnecting some wiring.

clio 16v
Check to see if it defiantly is.. Got a code reader? If not have the codes read. I had a few stalling problems and lag on the throttle and was told it was the tb... Turned out to be the electric throttle and after about 10 seconds and a squirt of contact cleaner I saved £350