ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 project (wip)

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Tidy motor, nice to see someone putting a panel filter in rather than a silly cone! Got many other plans for it?

Mark.

renult clio 1.2 16v
hey mark thanks appreciated, i went for the lifetime guarentee rather than sound lol!
emm im thinking lowering the front to same distance from wheel to arch as the back (it sits slightly higher at the front)
and possibly if the budget streches oz superlaggeras are in the pipeline (car only cost 900£)

thanks again mate happy holidays

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Your welcome, panel filters are better anyway, not that it makes a huge difference on a 1.2, I whacked a K&N cone on my previous Clio (1.2 16v) purely for noise! Sound's like a good plan mate, maybe look into some coilovers as you can get them for similar prices as springs these days for the non-sport models (I did this). OZ Supers look nice to, tip is to keep it tidy, don't go over board :)

Merry Xmas
Mark

renult clio 1.2 16v
cheers for the info buddie appreciated really newbie when it comes to this im a joiner no mechanic lol!
and yeah i think after alloys and a tad lowering im complete
not into the mental body kits want everything to be able to go back to stock for selling :)

keir

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
No worries, feel free to pop me a PM if you want anymore info or want a link to my old Clio, most the members on here are very helpful anyway. You'll soon notice that is very much the way of the members on here, we're not big on stupid body kits etc, keep it clean and fresh is the way forward :)

Mark

1.2 16v clio
liking the subtle mods bud, I too have a 1.2 and went for the induction kit for noise which seemed like a good idea at the time but now long drives along the motorway are a nightmare. I have the same head unit as you too, although I think mine is an older model as the aux cable is at the back of the head unit so I have fed it through the ash try to keep the phono lead hidden.

Get some coilovers now, I lowered mine on just springs and have always wished I got coilovers to go lower.

Clio 182
I would defo suggest coilovers tbh I lowered my old 1.2 on just springs (admitted they wernt the best springs) but lost all ride comfort. The stance was nice and I didn't want to go any lower but was so uncoftable.
And I thought my panel filter on my 1.2 made a great difference .... Not so much at low speed but defo at high speed (60mph+)
but ye looks a tidy car and plans sound good mate

renult clio 1.2 16v
orite matey cost 134 (10% sale) then 50 quids worth of vouchers for christmas ya beuty!
appreciated comments bud :D!