ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 dynamique plans :D

TGB

15' Clio Cup/4Series
just got my hands on some 172 wheels, there black atm but im thinking about painting them white!
white badges, white interior bits etc :)
then dropping her by 40mm

dont want to go over the top as i think non sports should be subtle. :rasp:

opinions? :approve:

TGB

15' Clio Cup/4Series
i want coilovers, but dont think i can afford them :/
so think its going to be some apex or eibachs :)

its insurance aswell, as im only 17! i can get away with a 40mm drop but doubt i coud get coilies :(

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
i want coilovers, but dont think i can afford them :/
so think its going to be some apex or eibachs :)

its insurance aswell, as im only 17! i can get away with a 40mm drop but doubt i coud get coilies :(

Can get some Raceland (Rokkor) coilovers for about £163, and just tell them your going to lower by 40mm, they will never know if you slam it :rasp:

TGB

15' Clio Cup/4Series
That's not a bad idea actually ;) where do you get them from?
How hard are coilovers to fit? Can you do them yourself?

MK3 GTI golf 16v

im 18 i have coilovers on my car,only cost me an extra £70 a year. and as to how hard they are to fit, there easier than springs to be honest.

TGB

15' Clio Cup/4Series
im 18 i have coilovers on my car,only cost me an extra £70 a year. and as to how hard they are to fit, there easier than springs to be honest.

That's quality :) which insurance company are you with? Did you declare them as coilovers?

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
That's not a bad idea actually ;) where do you get them from?
How hard are coilovers to fit? Can you do them yourself?

Well Rokkor used to sell coilovers for Clio but for some reason they have stopped selling them to the UK now. But I believe its the same company as Raceland, so its worth popping them an email. I know Littlegh from here just got some, so maybe pop him a PM http://www.cliosport.net/forum/member.php?52733-littlegh

Im with admiral and they know about my coilovers and its only added £42 a year to my insurance.
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/member.php?52733-littlegh

TGB

15' Clio Cup/4Series
Thanks alot mate, I'll drop him a message.

I'm with admiral aswell, how old were you when you got that quote?

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Thanks alot mate, I'll drop him a message.

I'm with admiral aswell, how old were you when you got that quote?

No worries mate. I was 19 at the time, but ive insured other mods like my exhaust system and wheels when I was 17/18 and it didnt add much.

BG 182
Well Rokkor used to sell coilovers for Clio but for some reason they have stopped selling them to the UK now. But I believe its the same company as Raceland, so its worth popping them an email. I know Littlegh from here just got some, so maybe pop him a PM http://www.cliosport.net/forum/member.php?52733-littlegh

Im with admiral and they know about my coilovers and its only added £42 a year to my insurance.
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/member.php?52733-littlegh

admiral are awesome tbh! they sorted me out a treat when I had to declare my old suspension on my 172

TGB

15' Clio Cup/4Series
Bloke I was buying the 172 wheels off never got back to me! Good job I didn't pay him. eBay for you!
Hopefully buying some of someone on here :D

So the plans will still happen :D

M

Mattb.SHED

My insurance goes up by £40 a year on coilovers, thats with Quinn Direct, mines slammed about 90mm front and 80mm back. selling up in january and getting a BMW E46 and slamming that to ;)

Renault clio 1.2
drop it to 60mm, looks really smart, and avoids scraping like the 90mm. But at 60mm your in for abit of a bumpy ride :approve: