ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 decat help needed asap!!!

black 3 door clio 1.2 16v
heya guys i have just got off the phone with charlie at prospeed and he has told me to do a bit of research before i book my decat(excellent service) as the 1.2 16v doesnt run well with one??

what if any problems have people experienced ??

and is it worth the hassle?

ive heared trouble of poor running and management light coming on??

is it true?

what problems have u guys experienced?

Coiley'd Clio PH2
Dont do it.
I went up to Charlie myself a couple weeks ago to get my custom system fitted and he advised not to get a decat on my car as i would not gain anything from it and it may cause problems.
f0xy has had a decat done... sort of! speak to him if you wanna know if there are any sort of power gains.

mines been fine...........only did it for a better sound through prospeed exhaust........you aint gonna get gains on a 1.2.

Coiley'd Clio PH2
Did you actually get a better sound then?
Like a noticeably different sound?

Might attempt a ghetto decat for my car after mot.
You going to FCS Jord?

You going to FCS Jord?

yeah miles better! get ALOT of loud loud popping and banging, christopher/immi etc know, lol........it made it quite a bit louder too. il probably end up getting a video next few days when i do some of winstons new exhaust...

yeah im at FCS, on track too, LOL!

nothing really if it has a post cat lambda it may bring the emmisions light on however I am not sure on the 1.2 setup.

all charlie said was it can cause it to feel a bit sluggish, but i have heared stories of it reving better etc

Coiley'd Clio PH2

You going to FCS Jord?

yeah miles better! get ALOT of loud loud popping and banging, christopher/immi etc know, lol........it made it quite a bit louder too. il probably end up getting a video next few days when i do some of winstons new exhaust...

yeah im at FCS, on track too, LOL!

Ill have a little listen to it at FCs then. If i like it i will be doing the same to my car.

de-cat only brings up the light on the dash,

with mine i was unlucky as the baffl ? inside the flexi pipe broke so was making a awful noise but Mint poping, booked it in again to remove the de-cat so i can get a louder noise from exhaust

Williams 2
on a 1.2 i would personally just take out the middle box, it's not worth taking the de-cat off knowing there is a possibility of the car going wrong