ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 8v MPI (DIET engine) owners

Valver Lookalike Mk1 Ph3
I have one too.

Maybe interested in performance mods, engine is totally standard atm.

Nippy white cup
I had a R reg one years back...was a great little engine and took a real beating without any probs. I had a filter, backbox and a FSE power boost valve. With these mods I pulled away pretty well from my m8s Nova SR which really didn`t go down too well! lol

Chris

Reason i ask is that i have a basically new IK for sale onlong with an unused fast road cam plus spare cylinder head. I'm wondering if theres any interest from you peeps before i try floggin them on ebay?

I reckoned with the cam/IK plus flowed head you'd see 80bhp...

None
u33db said:
What have you had done already?

Only a K&n replacement filter and air intake. Not planning to spend much money until around summer time. How much you after for the fast road cams roughly??

Maxx said:
Only a K&n replacement filter and air intake. Not planning to spend much money until around summer time. How much you after for the fast road cams roughly??

Well its just the one cam as its 8v...i paid 290ish delivered from belgium and it'd be good to get half that back but am open to offers as i have no use for it anymore.

Mack said:
I had one, anyone trying to mod an engine like this is just throwing money down the drain (unless you are trying to get it to sound nicer)

Thinking you will get 80hp is totally naive.

You will probably wipe out any performance increases by putting bigger wheels on it the difference will be so small.

I would concentrate on cosmetics and save the money for when you can afford something that is more powerfull.

Excuse me...I'm well aware of whats possible or not with cams and headwork on these engines matey! Don't get me confused with some kiddie who sticks an IK on and expects 10bhp...

The 1.2 IS good for 80bhp IO with cam and other work...someone on here has had 96 from the SPI version so going by that it's reasonable IMO.

As for affording something a bit faster, i'm sticking a 2ltr 16v in into mine which will batter most things on the road!

Remapped derv Golf
My uncle used to race (BTCC) Hillman Imps in the 60's with a raced tuned 1.1 8V with 150bhp. Don't see why 80bhp for a more modern 1.2 is impossible.

BMW 328 Ci
I said I misread it before you quoted that

They have 60 bhp standard acording to parkers, I just got confused.

Mondial172 said:
My uncle used to race (BTCC) Hillman Imps in the 60's with a raced tuned 1.1 8V with 150bhp. Don't see why 80bhp for a more modern 1.2 is impossible.

because Imps have very tall engines iirc

Clio 1.2 8v (2002)
I have a 1.2 8v (2002)and so far have only changed the wheels to 17" wolfrace alloys. I want to lower 60mm but I don't know if it has a 52mm or 58mm hole spacing. Anybody know? Cheers!