ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 8v hesitates when cold, occasional lumpy idle, sometimes no acceleration help?!

Hello! My Clio 2 phase 2 8v has recently been playing up. From cold the engine is very lumpy when accelerating through the revs (usually between 2 - 5k) sometimes I will be accelerating when all of a sudden the speed and revs drop and no mater how much acceleration I give it, it will not rev up, then after about 5-10 seconds it all springs back to life and continues as normal. Then can do it again, and the revs will occasionally idle very lumpy, although most of the time it idles fine. However once the engine is up to temperature this all goes away and it drives as normal. This is annoying and has almost been dangerous! :(

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Many thanks

Steve :)

Re: 1.2 8v hesitates when cold, occasional lumpy idle, sometimes no acceleration help

Could possibly be the MAP sensor...