ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2>>172 conversion

172 ff for sale
thinking of doing a conversion through the winter. what would i need to do this need a full list to get prices on parts, or even buy a damaged 1,

are the engine/gearbox mounts in same place?
can i keep old ecu?and key

172 ff for sale
no fun in that is there?plus ive already had 1.. got the full winter free and need something to pass time

Lionel Richie
you basically need a smashed up car for a donor, you need EVERYTHING from it, all wiring looms etc etc

Clio 172 Phase 1
As far as I know, the majority of the car is different. Engine mounts are different IIRC. A 1.6 16v is the biggest engine you can fit without to much problems.

The complete suspension setup is different (172 wheels are further apart).

In short: You'll be far better of of buying a 172 instead doing the conversion. Moddifieing the 172 can certainly pass the time in winter months though ;).

Lionel Richie
it bolts straight in no problem, its the electronics that are a pain in the arse, you have to change the dash loom etc etc etc
DSC_0058.jpg

DSC_0046-2.jpg

DSC_0048.jpg

DSC_0046.jpg

as i said, there's a fair bit of electronics