ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 16v or 1.5 DCI

Clio 197 - TBP style
Hello all havent really posted on here some of you will know me from Megane Sport and Renault Sport

Right im thinking of getting either the old shape clio 1.2 dynamique or 1.5 dci for my daily commute 60-70 miles daily and leaving my R26 in the garage for the weekend and want to know the real world economy from either. Is it possible to get 50mpg from the petrol? U know Renault claim that its 47.2 but what do you guys actually get.

Cheers Matthew

:)

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
i'd have the dci too. better mpg and as both have little power the tourqe will help whenh you need it.

Clio 197 - TBP style
Ok im on with the hunt now, i will speak with my normal stealer and see what he says. I Have been offered a 1.2 with A/C in flame red not sure about it just yet.

Thanks for all the help

cock mobile.
Depends on what driving you are doing, in town driving on the 1.2 can be as low as 25.

RS Megane DCi 175
DCI I'd say. I got about 45mpg in my 1.2 but I'd imagine the torque of the DCI65/80 is better suited to motorway cruising.

Golf R
DCi 80 if it was my money. Dynamique spec too.

But then i like some creature comforts and to look like i havent just turned up in a courtesy car lol

Clio 197 - TBP style
DCi 80 if it was my money. Dynamique spec too.

But then i like some creature comforts and to look like i havent just turned up in a courtesy car lol

Thats exactly what i was thinking, got the good guy at the local dealers on to it. Told him a flat no to the poverty spec ones they have in same as the new campus too.

Decided that the DCi is better i can get 7 days use out of it to work and back.