ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 16v brakes...what to go for?

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
I need to change the brakes on my dynamique, what should I go for?

I was thinking of standard disks and then some upgraded pads for a bit more stopping power, but is it worth it? Any reccomendations?

Anyone know the cheapest place to buy standard disks at? And where to buy the correct pads?

i just got brembo max discs and ebc greenstuff pads, tbh you cant notice the difference at low speeds its only at heavy braking you can feel how effective they are. Your better off with the standard discs and maybe uprated pads on the 1.2's.

Clio 1.2 16v
I just got standard disks and pads from my local A-Jay autoparts

pads were a 10er, work fine.

CB600FS
Pepsi I had halfords discs and DS2500s on my DCI for a bit, sqeeled like a bit but you could put the car on its nose and it'd feel like the back wheels where in the air.

Only lasted 2.5k miles though and about £60 but worth it.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Cheers lads, I reckon I'm probably gonna just go for standard unless anyone can reccomend any non standard pads that last longer than 2.5k?!

CB600FS
Cheers lads, I reckon I'm probably gonna just go for standard unless anyone can reccomend any non standard pads that last longer than 2.5k?!

Sorry that was about 10 laps of the Nurburgring a some serious abuse back home aswell. Fitted them the night before.

i have red dot grooved discs and just bought some cheap ferodo pads (15 quid) but they aint amazing,may upgrade to ds2500