ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 16V block, with 1.2 8v head?

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
My car is in major need of a bottom end, and think i have found a tidy one! its Rob91's. Was going to buy his entire engine and drop it in but he is now splitting it.

His engine was a 1.2 16V engine, and mine is a 1.2 8V engine.
Could i use my head on that block? the CC is the same, just not sure if the head will line up etc, is this doable?

Obviously would have to use my ECU etc, was hoping it would all be the same?
Could i use my box etc?

Cheers!

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
I was thinking the box would be okay to use!, can someone please confirm the rest? need to get my car running again!

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
Anyone? Need to know soon.Rang Fred at BTM and he was in the middle of driving. Rang him back afterwards when he told me to and he was with a customer, said he would ring me back when he was done, guess he didn't finish til late as i aint spoke to him since.Will hopefully get hold of him when i get home from college!

1.2 16valve sport
i doubt it mate, hows the conversion going nick, ive got vids of mine on youtube if your intrested, been running good changing to a f7r soon though waiting for delivery :)

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
Rob seems to think they might fit together but like he said in a PM deffo worth checking.
Spoke to Fred from BTM today, hes going to check the drawings and get back to me tomorrow! He said they might, blocks are basically the same!

Conversion aint going bad mate, sold the f7p build i was doing. Doing a r5 gtt fuel injection build now and getting through it well! just money is the holdback as usual!

Yeah send me a PM with some details, specs, and links etc!

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
Aint got the money to build it at the mo, was not long made redundant so still looking for another job, need to sort the 1.2 just to get me through to the summer, where i aim to be working and project well underway ;).