ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

'09 Clio 1.6 VVT GT Modifications?

Clio 1.6 VVT GT
Hi everyone, bought a 1.6VVT last week. Looking to do a few mods on it, but to be honest can't see much online, so I registered here to see if anyone could help out. Where's best to look? I'm after a cheapish set of coilovers, carbon fibre front splitter, xenon conversion kit, dark/black taillights and replacement filter panel to begin with.. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Clio 1.6 VVT GT
Thanks Glenn. I will as msoon as I get it back. Was up the motorway couple days ago and smelt a strong smell of petrol and the dash flashed up "check emissions". It has only 30,000miles and the cat had went :mad:. So I've took it back to the garage and they're replacing the cat under guarantee, but seemingly it has to be ordered in from france and I wont have my car till then end of next week :S. It's the same colour as your brothers.

Your cars look fantastic, and look class on the springs. I think I might be tempted to go a bit too low if I had coilovers. Might try the yellow brake caliper paint too, I think it would go well with the blue. Have you any more plans for your car in the future?

That's not good, at least you get it replaced under warranty.

Thanks, you should go for eibach prolines they are brilliant, my brother is going for a illuminous orange for the calipers it's a good contrast.

At the moment we are fitting a HID kit to them and replace all the yellowish bulbs for white ones and that's about it for now

Clio Rs200
Brought my GT couple months ago and looking for some inspiration, done the whole low n slow so just goin for a few small/subtle mods

Mind sending me a link to where you got your springs from? as yours looks bang on mate

Cheers

cheers mate, it depends on what year your car is I.e 59, 10, 60

found this out as my brothers is a 59 and mine is a 60 plate and we have different front shock setups,

this is for the 59 - 10 plate
http://www.larkspeed.com/index.pl?a...6-2-0-1-5-dCi-Eibach-Pro-Kit-Lowering-Springs

then this is for 60 + i believe
http://www.larkspeed.com/index.pl?a...6-2-0-1-5-dCi-Eibach-Pro-Kit-Lowering-Springs

we got a bit of discount on them off larkspeed as they didnt let us know there were two different types.

they say they are 30mm but after they settled they were around 35mm drop, they make the handling brilliant well worth the money