ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

02 Tariff's + Contracts

DC5
My gf rang up to upgrade her phone to the N73 yesterday. She said that she had seen this good Vodafone offer and they wanted O2 to come close to it. So O2 said that they would give her a free phone and bluetooth headset and 750 mins and 750 texts for £35 a month. Not quite as good the Vodafone offer, but it would save a lot of hassle to stop with them. So the said OK, but asked if there was a tariff with the same number of texts, but less minutes as she doesn't use that many minutes. They said NO so she accepted that tariff.

I am on the £25 a month tariff where you get 750 texts, like my gf wants, and only 150 minutes. Which is enough. So I said ring up and say you don't want to be on the £35 a month tariff as you won't use that many mins and want to go on the £25 a month tariff with less mins. They said they can't do that as she has now signed up to that tariff for 6 months.

Surely they can't do that, as they originally said there wasn't another tariff with less mins and that many texts when there obviously is. She hasn't got the phone yet so has still got 14 days to cancel the contract. Where does she stand? If needs be she will have to cancel and go on the better Vodafone tariff, but the signal isn't always that good unlike O2 where you always seem to get signal. Are they just being awkward to$$ers?

BMW F31
yes they are, wont go into my problems with o2, but been with them for 4 years and only recently due to an incompitent manager in store they have messed me about big style.
i would say go with vodafone tbh as i think the customer service is better.

Clio Campus Sport
Am with o2 and thought you had 14 days from when you got the phone to change your mind. Think its called a cooling off period.

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
i like o2 and yet hate them. my phone is awesome and my signal is and my NEW tarrif deal is awesome. BUT THEY SUCK. THEY CANT HELP WITH f**k ALL

before i was paying £30 a month and getting
100texts
200mins anytimg

i said iw as gona cancel and i got

n80 for free
700texts
500mins anytime

for £24 a month

all good vodaphone deals are 18month contracts

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
The 14day period you can ring and cacel your contract straight away, piece of mine period or something like that. it will tell you when you recieve your phone. i did it with 3 by accident :p

haw-he-haw, une-sept-deux
they just make it up on the spot i think, I have several friends on the o2 online 200 (200 anytime mins and 500 texts) paying between £20 (my gf) and £30 (me) for the same thing. you just have to phone up and threaten to cancel or ask for your PUK code because you want to leave. i should do it really.

I think it does depend on many things though, if someones been with o2 for a year or so they use that as an excuse to why they knock money off, and are probably more lenient to people who frequently go over their standard rate as they make more from them anyway.

DC5
Yeah she said to him that she has 14 days to cancel the contract and send the phone back, but he still said she couldn't change her tariff. Ar$e hole. I'll get her to ring up with me there tomorrow and I'll have a word with them.

I must admit, I am the same as the above. Think o2 are great as far as signal etc goes. But hate having to ring them up as I always end up in an argument cos they don't know what they are on about, or different people say different things.

Black S2 106 Rallye LHD
mark_s said:
they just make it up on the spot i think, I have several friends on the o2 online 200 (200 anytime mins and 500 texts) paying between £20 (my gf) and £30 (me) for the same thing. you just have to phone up and threaten to cancel or ask for your PUK code because you want to leave. i should do it really.

I think it does depend on many things though, if someones been with o2 for a year or so they use that as an excuse to why they knock money off, and are probably more lenient to people who frequently go over their standard rate as they make more from them anyway.
Yes, Stanners - it can seem random.All the companies are shifting over to 18mnths as well, which means there are less options with the 12mnth contracts.I think you can get a better deal if you've been with them for ages and spend quite a bit, as some people have amazing deals, and others are crap.Perhaps it varies with the phone choice as well :)