ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

0-60 times

Elise,Pum,WRX,MCS,R6
It will depend which driver had the biggest s**t beforehand. thats how close it is between them up to 60.

They're basically all around the 6.5 mark AFAIK. 172 is probably closer to 7, but I doubt you'd notice it on the road.

TBH to get anywhere near these times you have to RAPE the clutch anyway, so it will come down to how much you care about the car. My first few runs with my gtech (yo) were low 7 seconds. Some clutch burnage later, I got it down to 6.4.

Oh yeah and you have to change gear so fast you can't see your hand move. People forget all this when talking down the pub. It all comes down to the launch and gear change.

Clio 182 Trophy
Thanks guys, my mate keeps on going on about how his 172 cup is faster to 60 than my 182 Trophy....

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
IIRC the 172cup is fastest, followed by the ph1 172. Evo did stats on all the cars they ran as long termers. I'd imagine the cup would be quicker, as it's lighter and has a softer set-up (more traction). But the difference will be so small, that it's who's willing to destroy their clutch/box that will win.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
EVO say the Phase 1's claimmed o-60 is 6.6

Everyone will dispute this but then if you put them all in a straight line there would bt a cars length between them.

Too many mitigating factors, engine wear, miles, tyres, driver ability etc

This coupled with the fact that the 197/182 carry a weight deficit with not alot more bhp to compensate...!

Come will agree,some will say there 1*2 kills veyrons, but then that is the norm!

EVO say the Phase 1's claimmed o-60 is 6.6

Everyone will dispute this but then if you put them all in a straight line there would bt a cars length between them.

You think a few tenths of a second upto 60 is enough for a cars length ahead?

*edit*

Im not sure if that should say "would be.." or "wouldnt"

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Plus the variability in RS engines. My ph2 172 was probably the quickest (of 5) that I've owned.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
They're basically all around the 6.5 mark AFAIK. 172 is probably closer to 7, but I doubt you'd notice it on the road.

TBH to get anywhere near these times you have to RAPE the clutch anyway, so it will come down to how much you care about the car. My first few runs with my gtech (yo) were low 7 seconds. Some clutch burnage later, I got it down to 6.4.

Oh yeah and you have to change gear so fast you can't see your hand move. People forget all this when talking down the pub. It all comes down to the launch and gear change.

+1 to the gear change, so many people neglect this when wanting to accelerate quick.

I hate lauching my car though, scared of how the clutch will take it. Let my uncle have a drive and the clutch smell when we got back was ridiculous. At the lights, I like to let the clutch out quick with not too many revs, then full power. But if needs must, high revs it is.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
The boxes do not deal with repeated standing starts well. It's the cheese used inside IIRC.

I would say 172 CUP

best I have managed was 6.25s measured with g-tech in my 172FF

197's are slow according to german magazines, only 7.6s to 62mph
probably down to tight engines

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I would say 172 CUP

best I have managed was 6.25s measured with g-tech in my 172FF

197's are slow according to german magazines, only 7.6s to 62mph
probably down to tight engines
Gtech's aren't very accurate though. I'd be surprised to see any of them regularly dropping below 6.5 without destroying the box.

clio sport cup
Out of my ph2 Cup and the ph1 172 (with ktec stealth exaulst) the ph1 felt much quicker, and it definally pulled to the red line more happier than the cup does. At 7200 in the ph1 it was still going hard, where as the cup needs to be changed up before.

I used to hit the limiter in the ph1 quite often, never done it in the cup.

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Hmmm still dont know what i could do my 0-60, may rig the camera up & see what it comes up :approve:.. would of thought very early 6's as its making 184bhp & has alot more torque than when standard & on top of shedding 50-60kgs of its arse.. Only prob i have is putting it down in first, loves spinning up even when bone dry with warm tyres & we're talking 3,500rpm launch so hardly a 6k drop

Gtech's aren't very accurate though. I'd be surprised to see any of them regularly dropping below 6.5 without destroying the box.

:(

I timed my 197 at 6.5 on a wet road with a g-tech.
Was the best run, it varied wildly from 8.2 with a lot of wheelspin to 6.5 on a slightly less damp patch with probably really warm sticky tyres. Could regularly get 6.8 after that but not lower. Might go try again on the snow...

Trophy #490
Autocar tested the Trophy 0-60 and it got 6.3. As said though, their isn't hardly any difference between 'em at all really. Although saying that, I could swear mine feels even quicker than that!

White clique
a lot of the published figs are 0-62 not 0-60 which is all important as this can create the impression certain models are faster, dependent on which set of figs you read.

Official renault published figs 0-62 are (in standard form):-

172 - 7.2
182 - 7.1
197 - 6.9

Oh look, the 197 is now the fastest!

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Official renault published figs 0-62 are (in standard form):-

172 - 7.2
182 - 7.1
197 - 6.9

Oh look, the 197 is now the fastest!

Hmmm... i cant see it with all that weight on there some how... well unless they actually make 197 horse power.. alan? :rasp:

williams and trophy
williams..7.01 with a bad launch. 3rd gear needed to see 60 tho.

with a few choice mods, 5.6

White clique
Hmmm... i cant see it with all that weight on there some how... well unless they actually make 197 horse power.. alan? :rasp:

:D its 197 DIN, so apparantly 195!

I got a phone call from Charlie in confidence telling me that the rollers were dodgy when mine went on, he said mine was actually 195 exactly, honest! They went back to normal though after my car had be tested.

:star:

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
its 197 DIN, so apparantly 195!

I got a phone call from Charlie in confidence telling me that the rollers were dodgy when mine went on, he said mine was actually 195 exactly, honest! They went back to normal though after my car had be tested.

What ever helps you sleep at night ;)

:rasp:

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Hmmm still dont know what i could do my 0-60, may rig the camera up & see what it comes up :approve:.. would of thought very early 6's as its making 184bhp & has alot more torque than when standard & on top of shedding 50-60kgs of its arse.. Only prob i have is putting it down in first, loves spinning up even when bone dry with warm tyres & we're talking 3,500rpm launch so hardly a 6k drop

I'd second that mate, fookin rapido!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
:D its 197 DIN, so apparantly 195!

:star:
Thats odd. Better under brakes than a Trophy, better handling, now faster. And yet still a smidgen slower over a lap. How very odd;)

Alan is the biggest 197 fanboy on here. No way is a 197 quicker to 60 than a 182. It doesn't matter - they're all nippy, but a 197 will be the same or slightly more. Period.

White clique
Thats odd. Better under brakes than a Trophy, better handling, now faster. And yet still a smidgen slower over a lap. How very odd;)

LOL I was waiting for your stealth reply! :D

Be honest - if they made a 197 trophy and it was 0-60 quicker than your old one or quicker around the track would you buy it. I bet you would. I can feel you slowly but surely falling in love with the 197s charm.

White clique
Alan is the biggest 197 fanboy on here. No way is a 197 quicker to 60 than a 182. It doesn't matter - they're all nippy, but a 197 will be the same or slightly more. Period.

i'm quoting the official published Renault figs, i have an obligation to quote accurately on a public forum :rasp:

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Alan i'll keep my 44+MPG on the motorway thanks :rasp:

On a serious note, the 197's have grown on me alot, esecially with one of those cheeky little spoilers from renault :cool:

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Who ever does 0-60...Like really! lol!

Plus a 197 is far better on track than the 182!

White clique
Alan i'll keep my 44+MPG on the motorway thanks :rasp:

On a serious note, the 197's have grown on me alot, esecially with one of those cheeky little spoilers from renault :cool:

Hug me! :eek:

The truth is i have had all 3, i know that my 182 was more chuckable around the corners and i had a bit more fun it it at times (probably because i didnt care as much about it though), i've been taken out by 172 and 182 loads but all modded so its not a fair comparison.

I have the utmost respect for all of them

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
LOL I was waiting for your stealth reply! :D

Be honest - if they made a 197 trophy and it was 0-60 quicker than your old one or quicker around the track would you buy it. I bet you would. I can feel you slowly but surely falling in love with the 197s charm.
If it had better steering, was more feelsome and lighter, then yes. But they already have. The 182 Trophy.